Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

I'm baaaack!

Old 09-18-2006, 07:26 PM
himmelberg
Posting Guru
himmelberg is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just when things were getting nice and quiet-- lots of new guys to do all of the writing-- calm and restfulness were a byword for Earl and Handsome Bob. Niolon, in a blur, sends us Hummer info. Geez. It was quiet. Penn Dick napped, undisturbed, Vern and Carl silently prepared for their New England winter....

Nathan did the virtually impossible frame swap and whispered the results--- which were outstanding by the way. It looked like I could almost hang up my spurs-- too many nice guys on here-- no fun to wrangle words with.

And now you are back. And I couldn't be happier for you and your family. There is a sigh of relief in this note-- perhaps you can't hear it, but it is there.

your friend, himmelberg

Old 09-18-2006, 07:40 PM
jniolon
Postmaster
jniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant futurejniolon has a brilliant future
Hey old buddy...

to say that I'm happy you've returned with all your body parts functioning well (well?? as well as they do for an old guy your age) is an understatement.. there were lot's of newscasts that had me holding my breath till I heard where the IFSs or DRB or LSMFTs went off.

I know Ms. Fenders hasn't stopped grinnin and you probably haven't gotten out of the kids site since returning..... Enjoy a nice long slow relaxed reunion, catch up on your husbandly duties and let the chores wait... they've been waiting a year a few more weeks won't matter... let the family and friends show you how much you've been missed and how much you mean to them... you deserve it..

As for this place... it is self perpetuating... just when things get slow and boring some noobie brings up a frame swap... or a good old IFS argument starts up. As Pete was kind enough to point out I did post a thread on a homebuilt Hummer... he poo-pooed it cause he's jealous of the talent. We wordsmiths don't do metalsmith that well do we Pete ???

So sit back and read the back 4000+ pages of b.s. we left for you and try to put all your answers/comments/rants/raves and b.s. in one post... we need to save bandwidth...

which I should do right now... good to see your name again...bye

j

did I mention I'm working on a new front end suspension... it's a straight axle with torsion bars and tubular control arms...soon as I get some oxygen I'm gonna cut out the MII and get started !!!!!

later

Old 09-18-2006, 08:05 PM
LEckart
Posting Guru
LEckart is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome home Dwayne! We've missed your input on the forum. Glad you returned healthy and thanks for serving our great country.

Old 09-18-2006, 08:26 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold4tl8ford is a splendid one to behold
Thank You Lord for thinkin' about him, He's alive and doin' fine.!

Thanks Buddy, You've Served Your Time In Hell.

Kick back relax and detune.

Dick

Old 09-18-2006, 09:14 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Dwayne,

welcome home and thanks for helping to make teh world safe for democracy! Thank you for your service for our country.

abe
PS: did you see any old American made iron in the dry climate of the Middle East?

Old 09-19-2006, 01:08 AM
keith56_cruz_cab
Elder User
keith56_cruz_cab has a good reputation on FTE.keith56_cruz_cab has a good reputation on FTE.keith56_cruz_cab has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome home dwayne
The worlds a better safer place because of you and people Like you !
THANKYOU

Old 09-19-2006, 03:36 AM
cabby daddy
Senior User
cabby daddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
thank you dewayne. glad you are back with the family.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:01 AM
theGman
Posting Guru
theGman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can't believe it's been that long. After 15 months, glad you're back in good shape....hope your truck is the same!

Old 09-19-2006, 07:08 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Post Fiend
GreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to allGreatNorthWoods is a name known to all
'fenders,

It's about time you got back here. Now that you're here to watch the shop maybe I can take a break...

We appreciate your service to our country.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:42 AM
mt54
Posting Guru
mt54 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dwayne,
Glad to have ya back
Now lets get back to business, Whats your next move on the old truck? Are the flames finalized ? Have you gone for a nice cruise ?
We've missed Ya !

Old 09-19-2006, 08:43 AM
fatfenders
Post Fiend
fatfenders has a good reputation on FTE.fatfenders has a good reputation on FTE.fatfenders has a good reputation on FTE.
Pleasantly surprised to see so many of you are still around. I came home on R&R leave in April and took the 53 for cruise. First time the wife was out of the driveway in the truck. Mrs skeptical was very impressed with the way the truck rides and handles with the Volare. That kind of helps because I spend so much money on it. Flames are gone. They got scuffed and I made a mess trying to repair the red areas. (Dinosaur era acrylic enamel paint)

I'm not certain where I go next. Perhaps I could drive it? But winter is fast approaching so I guess I'm required to change something. One of the doors still pops open on occasion. Most everything is new so I have to crack that mystery. Saved a lot of my combat pay, so maybe I'll read up on the forum and see what the movers and shakers are up to.

I do have a bit of a longterm plan. Over the past 6 months I purchased many items for the 5.0 I am building. AFR aluminum heads, custom cam, nitrous, and the supporting mods. I will race the 94 Mustang GT next year. When I tire of that, the plan is to tame the motor down a bit and it will be the next Effie engine. That's the plan for now anyway. That's the only way I could justify the money I spend on a older car that is not a classic. I always wanted a 12 second car and need to get it off my Mid-Life crisis checklist while I still have good control of my bladder.

Old 09-19-2006, 08:52 AM
fatfords
Elder User
fatfords is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Dewayne,
Welcome home! I, too, have been wondering when you would return. I'm sure the family is excited, relieved, proud (among all the other feelings) to have you back.

Relax for a spell-we'll still be hangin' around. Lots of new guys to get to know. Let us know when you breathe life back into that girlie motor!

Old 09-19-2006, 11:21 AM
Fat Fendered Ford
Elder User
Fat Fendered Ford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome back, 'fenders! So do you have a new appreciation for Iowa? I can't believe I just wrote that with a straight face.

Seriously, good to hear you made it back in one piece. And thanks for serving our country.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:39 AM
Okiedokie
Posting Guru
Okiedokie has a good reputation on FTE.Okiedokie has a good reputation on FTE.Okiedokie has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome home Dewayne, missed your commentary here, THANKS for your service. I am looking forward to your interesting and thought provoking input. Man it is good to see your post. Joe

Old 09-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Jag Red 54
Postmaster
Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.Jag Red 54 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Hey Dewayne, what the h***!!! I thought 12 months was the plan. Did you get yourself in trouble and have to sit three extra months in the stockade? Seriously, I'm glad you're back. I know it is tough duty. My boy is home on leave right now from Afghanistan. Thanks for service to our nation and thanks for remembering to get in touch. We have several good projects going and many of the newbs seem very promising. At least they keep promising to work on their trucks!

Welcome Back. Jag (John)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm baaaack!

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.