Sponsored by:

1985 Rollalong Bronco

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 11:15 PM
Rollalong Bronc
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1985 Rollalong Bronco

I used to own a 1993 Eddie Bower Bronco but because of kids had to sell. Since then, always missing the rig, I told the wife if I had the chance I would own another Bronco. About a year ago I came across a 1985 full size Bronco with a rollalong package, I have heard of the rollalong truck but never a Bronco. Well I bought it and love the thing but would like to find out more info about it. I have never seen or heard of a rollalong Bronco once more can't seem to find out much info about this rig. Is it a rare breed or have I not been paying attention? Any information is appreciated. Thank you!

Old 09-15-2006, 11:26 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
"Roll along" Would this be a railroad roll along package? Essentially making the vehicle capable of being driven along on the railbeds that trains use...hydraulics to drop and raise the rail trucks etc. I'm not familiar with the term so I am guessing.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Rollalong Bronc
New User
No, basically I was told this package is factory and includes a roof rack on the rear removeable roof, fender flares, captain chairs, tow hitch, the engine is a 351w with 2bbl carb, c6 tranny, still need to findout about the diffs and transfercase, interior is fully loaded with power windows and door locks, AC, cruise control on the steering wheel, some other little goodies. It also has a rollalong emblem on the rear tailgate.

Old 09-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Streetgang
Elder User
I think "Rollalong" was some sort of association with a camping or mobile home firm.......?????

Old 09-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Rollalong Bronc
New User
I have pics if I can figure out how to submit them.

Old 09-16-2006, 12:37 AM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Create a gallery and use the "forum Codes" link to post the image to your message.

OK, All I could find when I Googled the term were references to the trolley systems that are supplied to allow regular vehicles to operate on the railroad. Shows what I know.

At any rate, the only other reference was as Streetgang mentioned. "Rollalong" was a camper manufacturer and may have had a deal with Ford to outfit some trucks and Broncos with certain camper equipment. Everything you mentioned though was available on all of the Bronco's produced at that time. The possible exception is the roof rack but even that is rumored to have been a rather rare option.

Now, there also was, for a very brief time, a camper/campershell manufacturer that was making a custom camper top that fit in place of the OEM Bronco fiberglass top. I have only seen ONE and it was only a photo. It may well have been "Rollalong" that made the top and they may have had a contract to build a certain number of them that Ford dealers could offer consumers. DON'T take what I'm speculating here as gospell or even remotely correct. I do know that the "camper shell" retrofit was available but I am NOT aware for certain that it was ever an OEM option. I am assuming that the fiberglass top on your Bronco appears as the rest of the OEM tops do.

This is an intriguing question. I would certainly like to know what the "rollalong" emblem looks like. Further, if the top on your Bronco is different than the rest, maybe we can put a long-time rumor/speculation to rest.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:13 PM
Rollalong Bronc
New User
Here is one photo there are more the gallery I was able to ceate, thanks,

Old 09-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Rollalong Bronc
New User
I dont think it worked the first time lets try this.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Rollalong Bronc
New User
Old 09-16-2006, 10:27 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Interesting. Its not like the one I was remembering but I've never seen that type roof rack before either. The Rollalong package may have been Ford's answer to the type of thing that GM had with Starcraft Industries. Basically, they were decked out models with special paint and or striping packages. You might want to get the VIN from it and call the Ford consumer information line. 800-392-FORD (3673). With that information they can usually give you just about any information about the original truck as it was equipped off the factory floor. Be prepared to dole out your name and address because Ford is thrilled to know of any current owners regardless of the age of the vehicle. They will answer your questions as best they can and then send you a customer service "how did we do" type form in the mail.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Rollalong Bronc
New User
I have been looking high and low and have not seen a Bronco like this yet. I guess it also came with running boards but unfortunatly the previous owner had removed them for some reason and didnt keep them. I will try Ford and thanks for all the input. I picked this rig up for $500.00 and got it running with some upgrades, I did keep all the original parts incase it is something rare. I dont intend to get rid of it as I mentioned earlier I missed my 93 so much. Thanks again.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:56 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
I like my 93... I liked my 92 even better. I know the feeling.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:39 PM
Suziq Muntean
New User
Red face Home

Originally Posted by Rollalong Bronc
No, basically I was told this package is factory and includes a roof rack on the rear removeable roof, fender flares, captain chairs, tow hitch, the engine is a 351w with 2bbl carb, c6 tranny, still need to findout about the diffs and transfercase, interior is fully loaded with power windows and door locks, AC, cruise control on the steering wheel, some other little goodies. It also has a rollalong emblem on the rear tailgate.

Goofin

Old 02-23-2019, 04:42 PM
Suziq Muntean
New User
I am so relieved to find some communication on this subject. I too have a 90' 4X4 i do agree the rack , and just emblems and such.
Thanks .. Now I need to get back to finding the linkage cuz mine isn't right....