Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

Barrie Flea Market - This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 08:57 AM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barrie Flea Market - This Weekend

I have the day off and will shortly be heading up to the Barrie flea market. Armed with a wagon, some cash and a camera. Hopefully the rain holds off and I can get some cool pics to share.

stay tuned
TFC

Old 09-09-2006, 09:38 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Jeff you had a camera to take pictures of really cool stuff right? So how come you didn't take my picture!!!
I was good to see u there, how did u make out, any treasures? The place didn't seem as busy as I remember it for a saturday. I didn't find anything that I wanted all that much of course the upside is that I didn't spend any money!!

Frank

Old 09-09-2006, 11:17 PM
lilmustangboy
Senior User
i was at the flea market today same old same old it seems.... alot of sleds and quads tho?

i did find myself a treasure deck from an '05 F350... almost perfect fit into my '06 F150 thats all i found tho

no spitfire parts... suprise suprise.... but when i start my effie project... that will be my first stop

anyone elsE?

Old 09-11-2006, 05:11 PM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
We'll folks I left the darn camera in the truck and after lugging in a set of spindles, a steering column and tie rods ends on top of my 2 years old's little red wagon I was in no humour to go back to the truck and get the digital photo machine (aka camera). A thousand apologies, I promise to get some pics on my next field/junk run. The leaves will be falling soon and the chrome will be poking out of the bushes soon enough.
I did see Frank there and he is quite the looking chap, perhaps I can submit a hand drawn facsimili. Let me work on it Frank I don;t think you will be disapointed.

AS for the show. Yes the amount of people was definetly less than in past years. Could have been the rain? ANyhow I did score an A/C woodgrain bezel for my old truck as well as the intermittent wiper set up. For some reason I was missing that option in my old girl. I got some smaller tools and stuff that I needed for the shop.
All in all I came out ahead cause I sold the spindle set up to a guy upgrading his 66 to disc brakes so that was a bonus.

We'll be back next year but with camera in hand rather than in truck.
later
TFC

Old 09-11-2006, 09:43 PM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Hey jeff,
No, please ,...save us both the embarassment, put the crayons away!!
You must have a a better eye than me, I didn't see any spindles, or you got there first! To be honest, I forgot that I need one!

Sounds like you did OK, I slowed down after I ate the $7 funnel cake, vendors were packing up by the time we were getting to the last few rows.

Waterdown next, on the 23rd.

BTW- I got my Princess Auto flyer today and noticed they are open a store in Kingston! Tomorrow is the grand opening. There goes any extra money you thought u had!

Frank

Old 09-12-2006, 05:16 PM
truckfarmingcanuck
Senior User
U got that right Mister. No more driving to Whitby or Ottawa for this kid, got me a Princess Auto 25 minutes away..great times.

I was working on my stick man rendition of you last night. Stay tuned...

I started at the last rows this year and moved forward. Its a stratedgy I think I will adopt from now on. By the end of the day the parking lot is that much closer when my legs are worn out.

Spindles!!! "Hesus" man I sold the spindles. I brought them in for a guy. Send me a PM with the details and your needs and I will cut one off and save it for you if you need one.

later
TFC

Old 09-16-2006, 03:55 PM
thehickfarmer
Senior User
i was there! first time i actually went! cant wait till next year!
Marko

Old 10-09-2006, 07:26 AM
lancer
Elder User
I went on Sunday. Attendance was down bigtime. Apparently Hainy (the guy who owns the park) has raised the lots price another 35.00. So now a lot for 2 guys is about 180.00. Alot of vendors i talked said they won't be back next year. Nobody buying and to much for lot fee's. One guy i talked to said he had vended there since 1974 and this was going to his last year. I'll still go but i think Barrie may on its way out. I guess we'll see. Talk at ya's later Lancer

Old 10-09-2006, 01:18 PM
lilmustangboy
Senior User
Originally Posted by lancer
I went on Sunday. Attendance was down bigtime. Apparently Hainy (the guy who owns the park) has raised the lots price another 35.00. So now a lot for 2 guys is about 180.00. Alot of vendors i talked said they won't be back next year. Nobody buying and to much for lot fee's. One guy i talked to said he had vended there since 1974 and this was going to his last year. I'll still go but i think Barrie may on its way out. I guess we'll see. Talk at ya's later Lancer
i didnt hear that... but didnt ask either.... sad this is happening... was one of the best swap meets around... the problem is people r only brining junk... i dont go to buy clothes (i did buy a par od coveralls but for $10 bux? i wasnt mad)... to buy toys(altho i did buy 2 vintage r/c's and have sold one for 3X what i apid).... or garbage like that... and im not there to buy camaro or stang parts (sadly) but thats all ppl have... o well

Old 10-09-2006, 07:58 PM
cdncowboy
Senior User
ya I have to admit that I was not happy the last time I went there were to many stang and camaro parts and not enough of the other stuff to may clothing venders most of the stuff I could buy at walmart or cdntire they really need to get a larger selection of stuff

Old 10-10-2006, 06:41 AM
lancer
Elder User
Yes i have to agree with you guys. Way to much junk! I bought some hot wheels ( i collect them) a bag of socks and a ford parking only sign. I have a 1999 f250 sd and would love to see more truck acc. and diesel performance parts. I think half the people just go to dump there garbage. Have you ever seen the garbage cans at the end of sunday. There enough parts to open a small wrecking yard. Come guys lets get with the program!!

Old 10-10-2006, 07:22 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
I had heard that they were charging too much for a vendor space. Unless your semi-pro, thats a lot of coin to dish out. By the time you pay for your space, fuel, food and time to set up, How many vendors turn a profit? Seems like the grass roots of the hobby are being left behind. It should be that you and your buddies could clean out your garages and make a few bucks while having a good time. Maybe not so much anymore.
I like the variety of "stuff" you come across but lets face it, it's a chevy world at most of these flea markets. I think all the Ford stuff is still on the road!

Waterdown and some of the other automotive flea markets are still a good deal for vendors and will likely continue to grow.

I'll still go to Barrie as a treasure hunter, you never know what you might find!

Last edited by fp_5; 10-10-2006 at 07:26 AM.