1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High Idle Problem on V10 (SEIC)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 04:58 PM
JAQueen
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SEIC Works Great

I was unaware of this feature being available on anything other than Diesel equipped trucks until I stumbled onto it while scanning through the forums.

This past Sunday afternoon i took a few minutes to try this on my 06 F-350 SD, V10.

It took longer to locate all of the required wiring, than to actually make the connections and test it out.

Going from curb idle to 900 works like a champ. I tested the max speed connection after activating SEIC and it worked great as well, but high for my needs. Just want to keep the battery up wile operating other equipment and/or HVAC as required.

I will be adding the pot and utilizing a relay as per the drawing so that i will be able to dial up engine speed as required.

This is a easy and useful mod, and i am glad i found it and took the time to get it in place.

JAQ

Old 01-17-2017, 12:11 PM
First-Ford
New User
Originally Posted by Netfly
Good to hear your experiment worked Majic31. Now I suggest that you complete the circuit using a relay and toss out the extra switch. You showed the sequence of events is being monitored by the PCM and that handshake is best left to the PCM to turn off when it wants. Instead of switching power, the PCM switches ground on and off on the orange/lt.blue wire. This provides the low side to the relay coil. If you need some more relay info try: Single Pole Double Throw (SPDT), Single Pole Single Throw (SPST) Automotive Relays
Do it right and you can lose the extra switch and be safe for real PTO use too. As it stands its fine for your purpose but it’s a circuit half done. If the PSM sees a problem and wants to turn off the PTO it can’t. Only you can from the switches. So NEVER use it like that for a PTO. Anyway, glad it worked for you.

Hi, new to the forum and to Ford (as you can tell by my forum handle). I know this is an old post, yet am hoping all are to still around to get a bit of advice.

I'd like to utilize the relay setup as noted in the above quote. I was hoping to get the "Relay Hook Up For Dummies" directions from those in the know :-)

I have an '08 E-450 Class C RV and have already tested the SEIC by applying 12 volts to the solid orange wire. I'd like to get my idle up around 1500 or so, to charge the auxiliary batteries and run HVAC as needed while camping.

The onboard generator is not as aggressive when it comes to charging the aux batteries, so running the main engine is more efficient. I understand I will need to source the correct resistor (don't think I will need a pot to go higher) for the idle I want (I have the Service Bulletin info). I would just like to know the relay connections for it all to work (I must admit I am easily confused when trying to read the schematic).

Thanks so much!
Mark

Old 01-18-2017, 08:37 PM
Bugize
Senior User
I took my truck to the dealer, with the printout for the tech to use. I ordered 20k resistors offline. It idles at 1200 rpm, not sure if you really want to go higher than that. I did not read all the old posts as I was looking for something else and stumbled onto this. I aint too handy with wiring either....lol.