Explorer, Sport Trac, Mountaineer & Aviator 1991-1994, 1995-2001, 2002-2005, 2006-2010 Ford Explorer

Auto Head Lights and Message Center

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 03:40 PM
rdevries
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Head Lights and Message Center

In one of my previous messages I described an issue with my message center. For no appearant reason it sometimes dims, while at other times it gets a little bit brighter. I brought it to the dealer ship who were unable to reproduce the problem.

However, over the last two days I have noticed a pattern. I just don't understand why this is happening.

My vehicle is equipped with the "Auto lights on" feature. Basically if I set my light on/off switch to this setting, it will automatically turn my headlights on and off depending on the lightning conditions.

However, I *ALWAYS* drive with my lights on and never use this feature. What I have noticed though is that my Message Center dims everytime I drive underneath a bridge where it's much darker. As soon as I get from underneath the bridge, my message center's illumination brightens again.

This is somewhat similiar to the difference in intensity of the message center when you switch from lights off, to lights on etc.

Considering I don't drive with the "auto headlight" function, why is the message center still exhibiting this behavior? Is this by design? Does anyone else see this exact same behavior on their vehicles?

My vehicle is a 2007 Ford Sport Trac by the way.

Richard