Sponsored by:

E4OD Solenoids

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 02:11 AM
dallas lewis
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E4OD Solenoids

Is there any way to test the solenoids in an E4OD without taking the trans apart?? Before anyone mentions pulling codes, I should mention that the computer is basically obsolete. It's a 92 F-150 that has been swapped to carb and has a stand-alone trans controller made by Bauman Engineering.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:33 PM
masseysbronco
Posting Guru
Not unless the stand-alone computer has that capability. Thats a good reason for not tossing out EFI in favor of a carb..........I imagine you could remove them from the tranny and check them out on the bench, but I don't know what the proceedure is. If I were you I would replace the EFI components and put in a computer for one with a manual tranny........thats just me though.

Old 08-20-2006, 10:42 PM
dallas lewis
Senior User
I agree with you massey. The only problem is that it's my brother's truck. He is on Parris Island at Marine Bootcamp, and he asked me to do a few things while he was gone. I strongly disagreed with him about keeping the E4OD, but he wouldn't have any of it. It would have been much easier to put in a C6 or something else, anything without ELECTRONIC controls. But, anyway, back on topic, I have a really bad feeling that he burned up the solenoids before he left for Bootcamp, and now I'm the one that is supposed to fix his screw up.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:33 PM
masseysbronco
Posting Guru
Talking

I'll bet right now E4OD solinoid problems are the least of his problems........I'm glad those days are behind me......LOL!

Old 08-21-2006, 02:42 PM
dallas lewis
Senior User
Well, it's actually pretty easy for him right now. He graduates on Friday, so right now they are just preparing for graduation ceremonies. But, for the most part, you are exactly right.