1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brite Box Mod Ordered - Woo Hooo!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Brite Box Mod Ordered - Woo Hooo!!!!

Just ordered the britebox headlight mod (keeps low beams and fogs on) when the highbeams are on - (model 7+FLC)!!!!

Based upon my research, looks like it is a "plug'n-play" simple installation and as long as I am running normal wattage bulbs, all will be well. According to Bob at dieselsite.com, the extra power needed for the two filiments in the bulb is from the power connection and relays in the britebox mod.

I run Sylvannia Silverstars which are just a whiter light, but are the OEM wattage... so heat generation should not be a problem and the clear lens of the headlight is very large and has ample air and room. Through all posts on FTE and other sites, have not heard anything bad... so we will see next week.

I ordered from dieselsite.com and hope to have it early next week!!!!

Will let you guys know how it goes.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:06 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hmmm....my kids used to have a Brite Box. Are you going to put all those little colored pegs in all by yourself...or pay for the install? They might fall out on the bumps so you better use Super Duper Glue.

Old 08-17-2006, 04:11 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Originally Posted by kw5413
Hmmm....my kids used to have a Brite Box. Are you going to put all those little colored pegs in all by yourself...or pay for the install? They might fall out on the bumps so you better use Super Duper Glue.

It was called a "Light-Brite" not a "Brite Box".

By the way... my 24 year old son (when he was a little tyke) did get one stuck in his nose and we had to go to the hospital!!!!

Man... I can hardly wait for someone to be putzing along in the fast lane so I can come up from behind and try my enhanced "high beams"... highs, lows and fogs... all on at the same time.... I pity the poor car that gets the first try of this new mod!!!

Just kidding guys... its for off-road use only!!!!

Jeff

Old 08-17-2006, 04:18 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Off-Road Only....Sure. I'll buy that. That's what I'll tell them you said...at the deposition....

Old 08-17-2006, 05:12 PM
96_4wdr
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
just make sure it's not one of our Washington State Patrol troopers in his state issue Gen Z06 Corvettes in red or yellow...500 hp, 0>60 3.7s, 198 mph plus more if you open up the ECU
it's called gross misdemeanor agressive driving here, 1 year in the county pokie and/or $5000
he'll book your **** then fly off into the night

Old 08-17-2006, 06:26 PM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 2,087 Posts
Inmate: So what you in for?
Me: Aggressive driving ... Silence bestows the cell, I shift and crack my knuckles

I went with the homemade light bar and KC lights. I would burn the hair off the back of your head if I light them up behind you. I thought about doing the headlight mod so let us know how things turn out.

HINT: Play by play pictures and all.....we need some more tech items. Been stale around here on new items.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:11 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it would be nice if summit racing still sold the heavy duty light harness. about $25, it upgraded the wiring and made the lights 30% brighter or so. it left the stock connector for the right head lamp hanging. stuck a $.35 diode in the prongs, and i have a hell of a light setup. silverstars in the headlights and fogs, plus i can run fogs, low beams, and high beams all together. still working on parking lights and fogs, though.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Guys... its not agressive driving....

It is "Flash to pass" - That's why you can pull back on the turn signal and its only a momentary bright light. Heck, in Europe you are suppose to "flash to pass" when passing.

I am also doing the driving public a service by clearing the "fast lane" for emergency vehicles and "waking up" those that are driving half asleep anyway... so actually is just a public service!!!

These same drivers will not hesitate to tailgate me and follow me at 85mph hoping I will take the hit for a speed trap... so I guess they figure I am a big target for radar anyway... so they should be glad I want to take the lead.

But again... "off road use only"... and I swear your honor!!!

Old 08-17-2006, 10:01 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Beachbumcook
Guys...
I do everyone... Depends on how much you willing to pay and how often!

It is "Flash to pass" - That's why you can pull back on the turn signal and its only a momentary bright light. Heck, in Europe you are suppose to "flash to pass" when passing.

I am also doing the driving public a service by flashing those that are driving half asleep anyway... so actually is just a public service!!!

But again... "for off road use only" and I swear your honor!!!
Forgive me Jeff---Keith got me started and I couldn't resist

Last edited by npccpartsman; 08-17-2006 at 10:03 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Beachbumcook
Got Diesel?
Originally Posted by npccpartsman
Forgive me Jeff---Keith got me started and I couldn't resist
Wow... changed my words around and make it look like a quote??

Hey, be careful what you type so I do not get in trouble.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:17 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
"Guys, I do everyone".... sorry Jeff, but I laugh everytime I read that!

Seriously, post back on how it turns out and get some pics if you melt the paint off a chebby tailgate.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:19 PM
LAWNMOWER MAN
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Britebox Is A Great Mod,i Have Been Running Mine For Ever Since I Got My 06, It Is Great For The Rural Roads I Have To Travel To Get Home, Simple To Instal And It Is Great On A Back Road With The Low Beams, High Beams, And For Lights On, And For The Highway, I Hardly Ever Use My High Beams , But You Will Love The Brite Box

Old 08-18-2006, 07:14 AM
barnbridge
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a link I came across about a new type of headlight bulb that has been used in Europe called Halogen Infared Reflecting or something like that. The forum talks about the difference between these bulbs and Sylvania Silverstars and it seems they are superior. I use Sylvania Silverstars but will give these a try next.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954736

Old 08-18-2006, 08:00 AM
raptor131
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah your gonna have to be careful your in one of the more liberal states in the union. LOL. I remmber i was pulled over down here in ocala. and the cop used the number of "accessory lights" as a reason sayin that it was illegal to have more than one accessory light on at a time. I had headlights, factory fogs,aftermarket fogs. all on at the same time on my car. what a bogus reason if you ask me, but i think he just was stereotypin as i had blacked out windows and was driving at 3am

Old 08-18-2006, 06:38 PM
npccpartsman
Hotshot

Received 68 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Beachbumcook
Wow... changed my words around and make it look like a quote??

Hey, be careful what you type so I do not get in trouble.
I promise to take all the credit/blame for my/your statement. I think our moderator is a little more understanding.

Quick Reply: Brite Box Mod Ordered - Woo Hooo!!!!