6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

MBRP Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Bud in Texas
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBRP Question

I got my MBRP 4" turbo back system in the mail today and will put it on this weekend. When it got here, it is the Off-Road kit with the cat delete pipe. Now I'm wondering how loud the turbo is going to be. I'm one of the few PSD guys that likes it quiet in the cab. I don't care how loud it is outside as long as it's not too bad inside. With the cat delete piepe, how much whistle can you hear inthe cab with the windows up?

Old 08-03-2006, 09:23 PM
X-Hibition
Elder User
Can't you just use your cat and not use the cat-delete pipe? I thought the system was flanged so you could use the cat and your kit just happens to have the cat-delete pipe included.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Bud in Texas
Junior User
The Off-Road version doesn't have a flanged pipe.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:39 PM
NavyPowerstroker
More Turbo
I believe that X-Hibition is right. I think you can still use your cat and just not put the delete pipe in.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Bud in Texas
Junior User
Nope. It's MBRP #S6212AL & does not have the rolled lip on either of the two extension pipes.. See the last sentence in MBRP's description:
MBRP has an exhaust system for every Power Stroke 6.0L on the road today. If you want a full turbo back we have it. A cat back, we have it. Want a full turbo back exhaust system that allows you to retain the factory catalytic converter kepping your truck "legal" we have that too. MBRP exhaust systems for the 6.0L use our high flow diesel mufflers and have full mandrel bent tubes for the highest flow capabilities. This kit does delete the cat.

Old 08-04-2006, 03:26 AM
bgrover
Senior User
The loudness depends on how your driving. If your just crusing you will notice a low rumble but I don't think it was much louder than stock. I know my sister and I can have a normal conversation running down the interstate and the wind noise is louder than the exhaust.

Now if I punch it, accellerate hard anything like that you can hear the roar, but with the windows up I don't find it unpleasant at all.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:09 AM
Bud in Texas
Junior User
Great! As long as it doesn't drown out my radio with the windows closed, I'm good to go.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:31 AM
Bear Hunter
Posting Guru
You'll be fine...its not loud in the cab.

FWIW.. MBRP "Offroad" Sections are automatically CAT delete. The offroad sections are 4". The factory sections that the CAT connects to are 3.5". In other words if he is using the offroad sections he cannot retain the CAT with 4" pipes. MBRP offers systems that are 3.5" from the turbo all the way to the muffler...then necks up to 4" from there. With that system you can retain or delete the CAT.

Old 08-14-2006, 05:30 AM
syc25ss
Freshman User
The noise from the turbo isn't bad at all with the delete pipe, infact I don't really remember hearing and extra noise from the turbo after I put the kit on. I was actually kinda dissapointed with the sound of the MBRP kit until I bought the cat delete pipe and put it on. Now it had a nice deep tone that is not intrusive to anyone in the cab.