N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Chapter Leader Nominations

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 09:31 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chapter Leader Nominations

It is that time again - Nominations for chapter leader are open and will remain open for 1 week. Elections will be the first part of September.

Now is your chance to see this chapter run the way you think it should be.

I talked with GasHog and he has withdrawn his name - he has a new job that keeps him from the forums. He will be back when work slows down.

I have done my best, but we need new blood now. We have an active group that likes to work on old trucks, but have made no headway on those who have newer trucks and want to hold 4 wheel trail events, or family GTG.

Nor have I been successful in working with FTE admin - we still do not have webspace, and all our logos have been shot down. New blood will open these activities up, and give us a better shot at growing into something that satisfies all.

So, please post below if you want to be chapter leader!

Clint

Old 07-31-2006, 11:00 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Naw, I nominate you. It's going to take some serious time...last year, this forum had a new post once a week.

Now I actually check it everyday.

Since you have started being the chapter leader, I have:

Met yourself

Met Jon

Met Dale

May not sound like much (no offense to you guys ) but considering the first few years I had been peeking at FTE, I never even sent a PM to anyone.

Keep it going Clint, keep it active, as new folks sign on, things will come around. Heck, this area is just a small portion of a website that took many years to grow, it could ake many years to get this little section of said website up and running like I "think" we'd all want it to be.

Probably would take a decent get together to break everyones ice, but I know in my case with work, helping pops out and maintaining my own fleet, it's tough to freeup time to make it happen.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:44 PM
jd_sylvia
Posting Guru

I agree with Mike
have met a few more than he has I just can't remember all of there names..

I think I have met 5 new people this year thru this web site and it is all thanks to you Clint.

Keep up the good work.

Good things come to those who wait..

Old 08-01-2006, 08:58 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Thank you for the compliments - but that is not what I was looking for. You guys are part of the group who, like me, enjoy getting grease on our hands. There are several others.

But what I was thinking is that we never really clicked with the wine and cheese crowd, those who drive the new trucks. Perhaps if we picked a leader who is more social we could. I would like to see a FTE rally, an overnight camp, even a picnic where everyone would feel at home.

Also, I forgot several members are in Reno this week, so we will leave the nominations open for an extra week to give them time to make their wishes known.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:21 AM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Do we actually have a wine and cheese crowd? All I ever see in here is the good ol' boy crowd, which is where I'm most comfortable anyway!

Personally, I've never met anyone from FTE face to face, but that's my own fault, due in part to my location (no one else anywhere near me) and the fact that I'm a near-recluse and almost never leave the county.

I hate to see you ready to step down Clint, I think you're doing a great job here. I think we all need to discuss what we really want out of this chapter, and each of us decide for ourselves what we're willing to do to make it happen and then commit to doing so. We can build this chapter, and have fun doing it!

Old 08-03-2006, 01:33 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TigerDan
Do we actually have a wine and cheese crowd? All I ever see in here is the good ol' boy crowd, which is where I'm most comfortable anyway!

Personally, I've never met anyone from FTE face to face, but that's my own fault, due in part to my location (no one else anywhere near me) and the fact that I'm a near-recluse and almost never leave the county.

I hate to see you ready to step down Clint, . . . We can build this chapter, and have fun doing it!
Yes, we did to start. I don't know where they went but I do want them to come back and add to the chapter.

And I am very much like you - a near-recluse. That is why I think we should be looking for someone more social to head up the get-togethers.

I am not "stepping down" - we agreed that we would hold chapter leader elections the first of September when we re-started this chapter. I am just following through with the original plans and promises.

"We can build this chapter, and have fun doing it!" Yes we can, so lets get started!

Old 08-06-2006, 05:45 PM
TigerDan
Hotshot
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Okay, I feel that Clint is doing a fine job just where he is so I nominate him to stay on as chapter leader.

There. That takes care of that!

But we need everybody's help in building the chapter. I see a lot of No. Calif. members who aren't chapter members, or who are but almost never post in here. So, what's the problem? Are we too clique-ish and we're running off the wine-and-cheese crowd? Too much of the older generation and not really clicking with the younger folks? What? Any bright ideas?

I'll now run over and expand a little by posting more of my random thoughts in Mike's new thread:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/5...-plans%3F.html

(Which really should have been added to this thread, BTW! )

Old 08-18-2006, 01:18 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
OK, you guys have had lots of time to nominate someone better suited - even had a week where you could talk about me behind my back (while I was gone).

We will let this thread die - and the next election or appointment of a Chapter Leader will be when someone thinks they want to have a go at it.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:11 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
Naw (think I said it before), but just keep truckin'

TigerDan has brought up a good scenario for next year.

Heck, we're only about 6-8 regulars posting here, spread out over 250+ miles.

We just need to fnd something that works for all of us, to make this roll...

Okay, getting off topic, but until we get bigger, and have things happen...and the YOU SCREW UP!!!...we'll look for someone else as a chapter leader, but until then, I think we're all doing fine right now, and you really are the most pro-active guy on the site.

Even if ot doesn't get us together, you try harder than anyone else.

I vote for Clint!

Old 08-18-2006, 09:49 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
STAY WITH IT CLINT!!!!!!!
Hey, if you guys think you can make it to Reno on August 26, there is a Monster Truck event going on. There may even be an FTE'er competing in the mud bogs there. Not for sure but that is the last I heard.
Bdox has stated that he would like to attend. And I think I am gonna try to go too. If you guys want to make a go at it, it might be a great way to get things on a role.
You're doing a great job Clint. Keep it up.
I wanted to meet with you on your way to the desert but I guess I was a little too late to catch you before you left. Did you ever meet up with Alan?

Old 08-18-2006, 10:45 PM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
STAY WITH IT CLINT!!!!!!!
Hey, if you guys think you can make it to Reno on August 26, there is a Monster Truck event going on. There may even be an FTE'er competing in the mud bogs there. Not for sure but that is the last I heard.
Bdox has stated that he would like to attend. And I think I am gonna try to go too. If you guys want to make a go at it, it might be a great way to get things on a role.

Did you ever meet up with Alan?
Yea, I met him, but I had to go by his house! We were camped within 200 feet of each other, my trailer shows up in the background of some of the pictures he took around his camp, but never did meet at the Salt Flats.

And the chance to eat some dirt and have my ear drums assulted on the 26th? Sounds like my sort of event!

Not sure if I can get away and still have somewhere to come back to - don't know which irritates Liz more, me out having fun, or being home and underfoot all the time - She is getting old and wants me close enough to yell at!

Who all wants to go? Can we carpool and spend the night somewhere fun?