Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Looking for parts

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Lance_I
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for parts

I need to know what size o-rings are on the turbo pedistal. Also someone on here said that the exhaust inlet pipes on the back of the turbo have gaskets, but I can't find any gaskets and Ford doesn't know what I'm talking about. They told me that there aren't any gaskets. That thing has to seal somehow cause I'm getting massive amounts of smoke inside the truck. That brings to the next problem. The plastic ring around my shifter is broke so I'm getting lots of engine and road noise. Not to mention heat and smoke. Lots of heat and smoke. Anybody know where to find the gaskets or whatever to fix this leak?

Old 07-21-2006, 04:19 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Turbo pedistal o-rings: http://www.itpdiesel.com/store.php?c...on=show_detail

The gaskets you're talking about are referred to as donuts, and go between the up-pipes and the baby's butt/collector. I think when folks have to replace these, they often replace the up-pipes as well, as it's easier that way (hard to remove them, easier to just cut them), recommended by Ford, and I think the main reason being that the gaskets can sort of deform the up-pipe part that presses against it, leading to future leaks. Just what I recall from memory, so I hope that helps some.

Old 07-21-2006, 08:15 PM
Lance_I
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Ryan. I tried to explain to the Ford parts guy today what I needed and he just told me I was wrong an there wasn't any "doughnut gaskets" anywhere on the turbo up-pipes. I guess I'll just go tommorrow and draw'em a picture. It's a shame when we know more than they do just by getting under the truck now then.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:55 AM
Fat Diesel
Logistics Pro

Received 106 Likes on 60 Posts
These are what you're looking for. If I were to do this, I would have new up-pipes in hand before I started. Many folks have said the pipes get gaulled up a little and you can repair them yourself or pay like 35 bucks each at Ford.

Oh yeah, the blue one on the top is a Fel Pro for a 77 Ford 351 and the grey one below it is listed as a small block chevy. They are the same size.