Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ordered my bts vb today

Old 07-06-2006, 10:55 PM
hedhntr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ordered my bts vb today

Talked to bts today and ordered my valvebody great guys there. I did a search and found that guzzle has a great wright up on installing it the only thing Im worried about is getting the correct amount of fluid back in. Anyone know a fail safe method to getting the oil back in the tranny with a safe amount. I do all my own service but Im a little leary on the tranny fluid, Also I just installed the trucool so I probably will need a little more

Old 07-06-2006, 11:56 PM
guzzle92
Posting Guru
When installing the valve body, you're going to empty the transmission pan so unless you have some expensive syn fluid that is still fresh in it, I would just dump it and replace it with fresh DexronIII. If it has not been flushed in a while, now would be an excellent time to do the job right.

HERE
is a good write up on flushing the 4R100.

To check the transmission fluid level and top off, use a long neck funnel and add small amounts of fluid. Start the engine and leave it in Park. Check the fluid level with the transmission dipstick and shoot for the cold mark unless you have been running the truck around and the transmission is hot.

Old 07-07-2006, 12:51 AM
powerstrokin007
Senior User
Let me know how that valve body works.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:03 AM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are going to like that VB. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about overfilling the trans, just make sure you have enough fluid. It's not like overfilling your engine. I was curious what would happen if you overfilled the trans, so I asked Brian while I was at BTS, and he said if you overfill the trans, the fulid will just puke out of the overflow, and not cause any harm.

Search this Thread