What's up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 09:24 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's up?

What's everyone up to?

Not much here. Glad to finally have the truck back. Finally got a new guy at work so hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be back to my normal schedule. I'm ready to finally get to meet some of you guys at the meet and to see j&bsuv in his banana suit.

Old 07-06-2006, 09:41 PM
FghtinIrshNvrDie
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, just hangin around... I'm just wasting time in between work shifts.

I'm painting my 'media center' computer that I put together in a camoflauge fashion, so we'll see how it turns out. Maybe I'll do a weblog or something goofy like that.

I'm still savin up for some body panels and a paint job in hopes of getting that finished this summer.

Ryan

Old 07-07-2006, 08:44 AM
fellro86
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Been trying to patch up my truck... between rust and a tire tread trying to rip the bed side off, it has been keeping me busy. WIth the price of fuel, I have my doubts I will be bringing it to the meet, have to settle for one of my other vehicles. (no Fords in the lot, only the trucks are Ford...) I just can't spend $100 or more just for fuel...

Old 07-07-2006, 11:29 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
I'm going crazy getting ready for the trip. I'm flying to Phoenix, driving back in a rental truck with two little people. Then I've got a busy three weeks with them here. We'll probably drive up to Rapid City at the end of July to visit with their Grandparents. (That be my ex inlaws, i think...) Ug.

One more week of work...

Old 07-07-2006, 01:25 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Wednesday I went to Holts Summit to get my FASS 150/150 installed. Took them 5 hours!! Long wait, but hopefully worth it. Getting the fuel pressure gauge installed right now, then I get to waste the rest of the NOS, not much left and get it filled and ready for Test n' Tune tonight. I'll try to post the new times tomorrow afternoon to see if she was lacking fuel as bad as I thought. Was a 13.8 last time.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:47 PM
codyjoe
Senior User
Originally Posted by slmann
Finally got a new guy at work so hopefully in a couple weeks I'll be back to my normal schedule.
Normal schedule.....i called you at 9 yesterday and you were just gettin ready for work......i had been up for4 hours already.....

Must be nice to have a 'normal schedule' lol......

Old 07-07-2006, 10:44 PM
jeffh
Elder User
Had my sister, brother, sis-in-law and nephew over last weekend -- filled up my little house and then some. New exhaust on the truck yesterday and new linoleum in the kitchen and bathroom next Monday...

Old 07-07-2006, 10:54 PM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jeffh
New exhaust on the truck yesterday and new linoleum in the kitchen and bathroom next Monday...
At least you have your priorities in the right order! Truck first, then house. lol

Old 07-08-2006, 07:38 AM
slmann
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 6L PWR
Wednesday I went to Holts Summit to get my FASS 150/150 installed. Took them 5 hours!! Long wait, but hopefully worth it. Getting the fuel pressure gauge installed right now, then I get to waste the rest of the NOS, not much left and get it filled and ready for Test n' Tune tonight. I'll try to post the new times tomorrow afternoon to see if she was lacking fuel as bad as I thought. Was a 13.8 last time.
So how did your truck run?

Old 07-08-2006, 07:44 AM
6L PWR
Postmaster
Originally Posted by slmann
So how did your truck run?
I'm almost afraid to say. Best was a 14.2. I should have refilled the NOS tank. I don't think there was as much in it as I thought. Without the NOS she ran a 14.6 which was .2 faster than without the pump. I know the pump worked because I had black smoke the whole way where before it quit about mid track. I'm going again this next friday and I'm going to lighten her up a bit though. Remove the cap, the spare and maybe the grill shell, grill guard and drivers headlight. That should make her look and run mean. lol

Old 07-10-2006, 05:03 PM
ladyBronco
Junior User
I just got the bronco licensed last Saturday. I'll be needing new ball joints but I think I'll wait until my next paycheck. Next step is to get a patch panel on it and fill in the screw holes where the trim was ripped off.