It hit the fan.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 11:25 AM
charles jones
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greg, Sorry to hear of your problems. You have given me some great advice in the past and really helped me. I appreciate it. Now I,d like you to listen to this for what its worth from someone who's been there. My x and I had an agreement for the finacial settlement. Every thing was good to go in court in writing until my x and her attorney sprang the big one on me. I had agreed to every thing she asked for. Then she wanted 1/2 of my company. Well to shorten the story half of nothing is nothing. Get the best lawyer money can buy. Good luck.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:53 AM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Greg, it sounds like your still on speaking terms and both agree, this is better than a court battle where you both spend a lot of money and make your attorney richer. With my 'ex we agreed and prevented a costly court battle.
Am I seeing a pattern here where Ford trucks, FE motors and divorce seem to group together as the three main ingredients for the big bomb dropping? Add another woman is like juggling hand gernades with the pins pulled, don't ask. I'm about parallel with you Russ including the number of posts but remarried in 1-2000, replaced bottle after a 3 day hangover then spent a month in New Zealand doing a lot of motorcycle riding. Got me a good one this time, only regret I wish I met Gayle 29 years earlier. With her Porsche and again a real estate agent (see a patten?).
Hang in there Greg and stay active on the forum, you still got that picture of my 'ex I sent ya?

.....=o&o>.....

Old 07-07-2006, 12:35 PM
rusty70f100
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Greg,
Ouch, that sucks. I wish I could offer some advice, but this one I cant help you with. Good luck.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:24 PM
mswift
Senior User
Sorry to hear for the bad news. It always sucks to be involved in a breakup. Not knowing your marriage and how things were and have been, I really am in no place to give you any advice or suggestions.

However, I can tell you to stay strong and hang in there. I know a person hears this all the time and it's all old saying, but things really aren't as bad as things seem right now. Like this old head faller, who has written many books about the old time loggin' days, told me once before...... He told me no matter how life works out, always be damn sure you stay on the sunny side of life."

Stay Strong Greg. I too will be praying for you.

Mike

Old 07-07-2006, 03:36 PM
EgoMan
Fleet Mechanic
Sorry to hear that bro, I too have been there and I did the same thing as russ....now had I had a project to keep my hands and mind occupied...I might not have any DUI's. So if I could ever give any advice its to stay busy cause having time to think will only keep you up at night and get you in trouble.

IE: drinking yourself to sleep...

Last edited by EgoMan; 07-07-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:27 AM
FFR428
Needsmorecoffee.

G, I've been in your shoes as others have also. Not a fun pat of my life but we all move on. Keep close to your family and friends. I drank quite a bit during my divorce. Me and "Jack" were good ol bud's. Whiskey hangovers suck!!!! LOL!! Like everyone has mentioned if you can work things out and agree on a settlement try to do so. If there is anyway things can be salvaged with the marriage do what you have to. It's not over till the fat lady sings.....Good luck bud and don't be a stranger. You have lots of friends here in your corner.

G.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:20 AM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 302 Likes on 157 Posts
Good luck, Greg!

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

In my case, alcohol (beer) has been enough of a problem between the wife and I without going into FE's, Triumph TR7's or anything else I like to do on the weekends

Take care of yourself!

Old 07-08-2006, 11:37 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Originally Posted by krewat
Good luck, Greg!

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

In my case, alcohol (beer) has been enough of a problem between the wife and I without going into FE's, Triumph TR7's or anything else I like to do on the weekends

Take care of yourself!
Yep Art I agree.....I had to trian myself only to do weekends....and the wifey is much happier !!! Of course I have a driver coming back from the Drag strip!! LOL..

Russ

Old 07-08-2006, 04:55 PM
gtex
Lead Driver
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks for all of the support guys. Wed. night and tursday morning were the worst (cabernet makes for a vicious hangover). but, I did manage to take a cab home. for me, that's a sign of progress.

My mission now is:

1. keep my finances in good shape, don't screw up at work (by the way, I interviewd for a promotion last week, just before I got dumped, I sure hope I get that job).

2. second and sometimes primary goal...get some lovin' !!! It's been like 6 weeks, and that's the longest dry spell in the last 13 years. life is too short to be alone. and i've been pretty lonely for a good part of the last 6 years of this marriage.

anyhow. I'm probably driving the truck wherever I go tonight. lets hope I don't have to add truck failure to my recent list of woes... I'm thiking of hitting the NOS for a bit to clean out any carbon deposits.... but I'm scraed of doing that on street tires....

thanks again , and I'll try to post here more often. I might sell the jeep, so the truck needs to be more dependable...

greg

Old 07-08-2006, 10:29 PM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Grey, it sounds like you need a "Stanford & Sons" beater truck like 3 on tree with six as a commuter and the 446 as a weekend terriorizer vehicle as a mental cleanser. Might I add that my scooters never did me wrong and they were there when I was pulled thru a knot hole years ago by the 'ex. They always talked to me on the open highway and never let me down, reliable BMW's they are.

.....=o&o>.....

Old 07-09-2006, 10:17 AM
DarkWolf40
Elder User
Been there and done that myself. After ten years of marriage, she took me to the cleaners. She took all the money, I got the kid, the dog and the house. Life's good now though because I can stack truck parts in the living room without anybody giving me a hard time. Even rebuild a carburator in the kitchen sink without any BS. Got the hardtop for my convertable behind the living room couch, I think it looks good there.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:04 PM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Greg, JMO....But when I went thru it 25 years ago....I sold all my Freakin toys...But the Truck.....and paid off all OUR Bills..

I used the truck to play on the weekends and bought a Toyota Celica GT..for like $3K for transport to and from work....and slowly but surley as I got older...I saved and paid cash for everything....ecept the house...and I even came in with 50% down on the house...Just from busting my A$$....and I still dont carry a credit card!! LOL..

I just opened up a new acount at the bank...too get the Debit card..cause I didnt always want to carry cash with me...

But you could always put the 352 in the truck..and take the 446 and do you Cougar thing....

Good Luck Bro!! You'll be in are Prayers!!

Russ

Old 07-12-2006, 11:16 PM
FEnewbe
New User
If she ain't happy, you ain't happy. It sounds like she ain't happy and you need a new project!! Cliche but most of us have been through it at least once.

Good luck and God Bless.

P.S. - Don't beg, don't grobble. She probably didn't fall in love with you for your begging or bargaining skills. She'll never respect you for being anything less than the man she fell in love with to begin with.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:25 PM
EgoMan
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by FEnewbe
P.S. - Don't beg, don't grobble. She probably didn't fall in love with you for your begging or bargaining skills. She'll never respect you for being anything less than the man she fell in love with to begin with.
Dude that is such a good word of advice....and its oh so true.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:57 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 302 Likes on 157 Posts
Jeez, that 446 can't hookup in a pickup truck with a 80(? 40? something huge) gallon gas tank in the bed.

How wide would the slicks have to be on a Cougar to get that thing to actually move from a dead stop?

Quick Reply: It hit the fan.....