It hit the fan.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 04:17 AM
gtex
Lead Driver
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
It hit the fan.....

hey guys. long time no speak. I ain't done too much with the truck lately, Domesticallly speaking, the chit hit the fan. Im' tryting to salvage my marriage, and I'm not doing so good.

she asked for a divorce tonight, I woke up in the yard tonight (via cab, 1st smart choice I've made in years) with no keys. lucky a friend could get me back to my dads truck at the gentlemans club so I could get home with some keys....

life really blows right now....... I guess I knew it was coming...and I brought it on my darn self. but, it still feels like somebody slammed an 80lb sack of ready-mix into the boys.....

oh, to get somewhere near topic...the truck starts, runs with a little miss. but it runs.. I may get to work on it more soon. me thinks the plugs are fouled, and a little shot of the happy juice might clear that up. but, I'm afraid to run it anywhere but the track. ...... TO THE TRACK.....

signed,
super knucklehead, the man that had it all, then promptly threw it all away just to see what it was like

Old 07-06-2006, 06:42 AM
76supercab2
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude. Sorry to hear that.

Old 07-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Scouder
Posting Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regardless of the circumstances, it's good to know you're still alive and kicking. Good luck.

-Scouder

Old 07-06-2006, 10:26 AM
Mike G
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to hear the cab found you as we couldn't track you down... Don't worry, you will get things right, life keeps moving along day-to-day no matter what's happening. As long as you are on the green side of the turf, you're doing well.

--Mike

Old 07-06-2006, 10:41 AM
"Beemer Nut"
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Greg:
Good to hear from ya it's been a long time but not under these circumstances.
I feel your pain as i've been there also with a 12 year marriage the first time.
One things thats good like mine, no kids during the marriage. My 'ex was in real estate and sold up to 53 houses a year. With 7 houses, 2 in Pacific Grove on the ocean next to Carmel I lost a lot in dollar value but have 100% of my pension. This allows me a choice of brand in dog food to eat when old. She worked me into the ground with greed but I was blind. Take a deep breath and think clearly on decisions. Take care, your extended family on the forum.
Carl.....=o&o>.....

Old 07-06-2006, 11:50 AM
gtex
Lead Driver
UGH. this morning hurts....

I may be back in the forum more often. I might have to get the project running consistent as my daily gas-guzzler....

Old 07-06-2006, 12:53 PM
fordraceboy
Posting Guru
Greg, sorry to hear about the upheavel in your life. Been there, done that and it's no fun. I wish you the best and hope things work out good for you. When I went through all of this I kept in mind something my dad always told me growing up and it helped me alot- Never make decisions under emotion. It's not an easy thing to do all the time, but walking away is easier to fix than harsh words and rash decisions. Take care..

Old 07-06-2006, 01:58 PM
FalconStng
Elder User
Greg,

Glad to hear that you're still alive. Sorry about the domestic problems. Seems we've just about all been there at some time or other. It's never fun. If she's the one for you then it might be time to eat crow, straighten up and fly right, walk the line, ere...you get the picture. It never hurts to drop to your knees, beg forgiveness, and then follow up with appropriate actions....flowers are always a good idea as well....lol.

As I remember, aren't you outside of Austin? I'm the process of moving my family just north of Caldwell, TX...not too far from Austin. We bought 11.2 acres out there with a home and a shop on it...I've got a 4 car garage to work in now! Our place adjoins 400 acres that belong to my father-in-law....he doesn't live there, thank goodness....LOL. At any rate, my truck is turning into a farm truck....it's kinda fun to do doughnuts out the field.

Good luck with the truck and the lady.

Tracy

Old 07-06-2006, 02:53 PM
71FoMoCo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greg,

Sorry to hear about your situation, but it's really great to have you back here. I hope your presence can continue, but most importantly, I hope you can put things back together on the home front. It takes all of your focus, but if the two of you want it badly enough, you can do it, no matter what has happened. You just dedicate yourselves to it, put the past behind you and trust in the Lord for guidance. I'll be praying for both of you.

-Mark

Old 07-06-2006, 03:22 PM
bryyce62
Fleet Mechanic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Gtex,
Hang tough.
If it goes forward, get a good lawyer...no matter how much it may cost. Once the "D" word is uttered, anything could happen. Got to look out for number one!
Good luck!
gw

Old 07-06-2006, 06:27 PM
gtex
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by bryyce62
Gtex,
Hang tough.
If it goes forward, get a good lawyer...no matter how much it may cost. Once the "D" word is uttered, anything could happen. Got to look out for number one!
Good luck!
gw
i've got a good lawyer. unfortunately, she wants to divorce me. I don't think she is going to try and take me for much. We've already discussed that. Heck, most of my stuff is worth less than I owe :-)

Old 07-06-2006, 07:47 PM
proeliator
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Been there myself, and its no picnic. If you ever need another friendly ear just shoot a pm.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:45 AM
Hypoid
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AwwwCrap Gregg!!! You mentioned some changes before the posts stopped, I thought you outgrew us. For some reason the big D always sucks; even when it's for the better. Sorry things got to that point.

Old 07-07-2006, 01:46 AM
gtex
Lead Driver
got email back from the wife, I mean ex... sounds like she is still going to be generous in the financial separation. we both want to keep our excellent credit ratings.

this blows. never thought I'd be here :-(

Old 07-07-2006, 04:40 AM
RapidRuss
FE "Freakin Expensive"

Really sorry to hear about your situation Greg.....I have been there and done that also.. Take a little advice....I went into a stupper for 2 years after a nasty *** divorce..back in 1982..LOST my a$$.....

Then I just fueled the fire for the next 2 years living out of a bottle....and lost 2 years of my life!!!!

But on the bright side..I met Sandi in 85 and have so far almost 22 great years together....

Good Luck Bud !

Russ

Quick Reply: It hit the fan.....