Sponsored by: DP Tuner

electric window

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 05:06 AM
konan
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
electric window

windows stopped working for a few moments a couple of weeks ago and 2 more times since then.yesterday the same thing.searched the forums and seems like the switch may need to be cleaned but is that removed by prying it out or do i have to get in the door panel.thank you.02 7.3 excursion.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:18 AM
Markadeck
Gone, but not forgotten
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've done this with good results. Pour a fairly generous amount of rubbing alchol into the switch, let it sit for about 5 minutes then blow out with compressed air. Do this at your own risk, just cuz it worked for me does not mean it will work for you. Same holds true for the power mirror switch.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:28 AM
cangim
Postmaster
Top side of the switch panel has one of those spring lock devices, pry it up in the front(closest to the hinge) and there are two tabs at the base of it. Do all the windows stop working, or is it an isolated window? Do they stop while running all four at once? Reason for asking is the power windows are on a resetable fuse. If you are running all four and they stop that is probably the problem. As they get junk in the tracks it works the motors harder drawing more current. Running all four adds to the amount of draw.

Old 06-14-2006, 06:51 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if all you need to do is remove the switch and clean it, you only have to remove the piece of plastic that houses the switches and the mirror (power) **** and the door locks. get a slotted screwdriver, twist or pry at the front, center and rear of the panel, and it will pop off. pull off the plug at the back of the switch, clean it out however you want, and go test her out.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:33 PM
konan
Junior User
thanks for the help.will remove the switch to morrow and clean them.windows started working again so maybe it is caused by dirt on the tracks.what can i do to solve that problem?

Old 06-14-2006, 07:50 PM
powrstrkn'
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
to clean the tracks i used a little silicon spray
made a big difference in noise and speed
just sprayed it down inside the door didn't remove the panel or anything