Shorty headers - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Shorty headers

Old 06-12-2006, 01:45 AM
DictatorDanny
Senior User
DictatorDanny is starting off with a positive reputation.
Shorty headers

Hi in the market for a good set of shorty headers for my 94 F150 302 4x4. Lookinf for either stainless or something that will not rust and has good gaskets that will not leak. Thanks

Old 06-12-2006, 05:57 AM
BigAlVB
Senior User
BigAlVB is starting off with a positive reputation.
I use Edelbrock shorty headers that have been JET HOT coated and I'm quite happy with them. Not sure what the gaskets are made of but have been on for 2+ yrs w/ no problems.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:47 AM
MRL123
Senior User
MRL123 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ditto for and the Edelbrock headers. I can't speak to their longevity as I just did the install a couple of weeks ago. I bought the coated ones and they seem to be holding up fine. Install was straight forward, fit and finish was good, be real careful with your spark plug boots, and TAKE YOUR TIME! The gaskets seem to be of good quality, I had no leaks on start up and no leaks as of yet. My seat of the pants dyno tells me that this was a good purchase, now I have to get those two 14" fans installed.

Cheers!

Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.