Sponsored by:

rear leafs

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 11:40 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
rear leafs

anyone use Dever springs BC Bronco sells? i am looking for a possible replacement set of rear leaf packs for my worn out stock packs. i have already acheived apprx 4-5" of lift by dropping the mounts and shackle flipping and i will need to be able to match the front, just i dont know how much yet.

are the lift springs nice and soft like their coils or are they stiff like all the other lift companies' leafs packs?

if they are stiff, any other recommendations?

-cutts-

Old 06-08-2006, 01:39 PM
RCrawler
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't heard any bad about the rear springs that BC is selling. And Deaver is known to be a good spring builder. I think that all of the different Bronco suppliers work off of the same formula for their rear springs. They all seem to have similar performance.

Are you staying with the shackle flip and going with another stock or near stock spring? I've been thinking about doing a shackle flip and running new stock springs. I lost a bit of flex in the rear of mine with the 11 leaf Nationals.

Jason

Old 06-10-2006, 12:10 AM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
yes, sticking with the shackle flip... much better flex and softer ride

not really sure right now, i gotta figure out where i want the front to sit and then i will level the rear with the front. i'll prolly stick with a 2.5 to 3.5 lift spring

-cutts-

Old 06-10-2006, 09:58 AM
bronco69
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i put 4 inch block under the fround springs to leval my truck out

Old 06-10-2006, 02:02 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
i thought about lift block but i am gonna have a hard enough time with axle wrap that i am staying away from them as far as a i can. i threw a set of 1 tons under my bronco and i will be running either 39 iroks or 39 boggers/TSL's and i DONT plan on taking it easy. so i just feel lift blocks would cause more problems than solve an issue

-cutts-

Old 06-14-2006, 10:57 AM
bmc69
Senior User
I'm running the BC 11-leafs (4.5") and BC coils on my '69. Flex?..well she just took a second place on the RTI ramp at the 40th Bronco Event in Paragon and 4th in the Rock Challenge, Unlimited class, running with tube buggies. Tall blocks in the rear??..never..ever..not if you even think yr going to run where I do.

I will note that the leafs did sag aprox 3/4" over about two years of wheeling and I added a 3/4" block shim to correct that. From now on, I'll probably buy the next inch higher leaves than I ultimately want to have and just wait out the sagging that occurs..a lot of other folks have reported the same level of initial sag as I have experienced.

I should add: I'm running 39.5 IROKS, D60 rear and HP D44 front.

Old 06-14-2006, 11:01 PM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
dang man, i was trying my hardest to make it to 40th at Paragon but as life goes i ran into financial trouble and had other responsibilities that needed to be rememdied before a hobby so i am still workin on it.

thanx for the real world heads up, thats exactly what i was looking for. already got the BC coils up front and so far LOVE'em!

-cutts-

Trending Topics

Old 06-15-2006, 10:55 AM
RCrawler
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMC69,
What are you doing for shock mounting?

Wristed, extended arms or otherwise in the front? full width?

Everyone talking about running 39's/ 39.5's is giving me tire envy. Maybe I should just make the jump from my cute little 35's and not wait to get the 60 up front.

Jason

Old 06-15-2006, 11:18 AM
bmc69
Senior User
Originally Posted by RCrawler
BMC69,
What are you doing for shock mounting?

Wristed, extended arms or otherwise in the front? full width?

Everyone talking about running 39's/ 39.5's is giving me tire envy. Maybe I should just make the jump from my cute little 35's and not wait to get the 60 up front.

Jason
Front shocks are on the Wild Horses version of the F250 shock mount with the eye instead of post type top mount. Rear are actually in more-or-less the stock location but on my own fab mount that is much beefier than stock ones. All four shocks are Skyjacker Platinums.

12" extended arms, not wristed. Front and rear axles both narrowed 5" to 'stock' EB width.

Here's a flexy shot..and this was with my old tires and rims: 38/12.50 TSLs