1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Brake light and ABS light with loss of cruise

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 06:12 AM
RichPSD
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake light and ABS light with loss of cruise

Ok, I was diving home last night on the interstate, just over 65 MPH with the cruise control on, and I hit the old-to-new pavement section, it was like hitting a rock. My cruise control went out and the brake light and the ABS light came on. They both stayed on so I thought if I just shut her down and turn her back on they might re-set herself, she didn’t. I checked for blown fuses and they all seem to be good, also check to see if any codes were coming up and nothing.

any ideas?
Rich

Old 06-06-2006, 06:18 AM
Cuda_jim
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Look at the sending unit on the front of the master cylinder, it's probably shot. There is a way to check it with an ohm meter but can't remember how rihjt now. That part has a TSB and should be replaced anyway. It causes fires if I remeber correctly.

CJ

Old 06-06-2006, 04:51 PM
18vtx00
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RichPSD
Ok, I was diving home last night on the interstate, just over 65 MPH with the cruise control on, and I hit the old-to-new pavement section, it was like hitting a rock. My cruise control went out and the brake light and the ABS light came on. They both stayed on so I thought if I just shut her down and turn her back on they might re-set herself, she didn’t. I checked for blown fuses and they all seem to be good, also check to see if any codes were coming up and nothing.

any ideas?
Rich
do you have 4WABS or RABS??
if RABS you have to get manual flash codes and you will always get a code.. even if there is no present problem. it may be a 22 or a 12, but it means NPF and is okay...
check the master res switch and it is full of fluid..also check the switch on the master for leakage or a short.. it is only to dissable the ABS if the BOO does not work.. it just screws in.. similar as the ones we are recalling on the F150's.