2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New F150 blues

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 09:06 AM
Trukcrazy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 48fordjeffie
Hey Guys,
I keep reading all these issues you guys are having with the new F150's. Mine is ten years old and still running strong. I'm not sure I want to go and and spend 20-30k on something that is going to have a problems. Am I wrong? I love my truck, I have a couple old effies. I'm usually in the 48-60 forum.
Any comments...??
Jeff
Hey Jeff, you can go to any forum for any new vehicle and probably get turned off of buying that brand and type vehicle. We bought a 2005 GTO based just on our test drives and a little reading, then after we got it the forums made them sound like they all had major issues. I had a 2005 Colorado and to read the forums on them, they sound horrible but ours was a decent truck. I wanted a new F150 so we drove them several times and decided to trade the Colly in on our 06 STX. Hopefully eliminated several potential issues by getting the V6, AT, no power windows/locks/alarm or 4WD. I just wanted a truck and that is what I got. If I want power under the hood and in the cabin, the GTO has that covered. If you like the new F150 then buy it, I don't think you will be disappointed . I don't think anyone is truly disappointed with the truck, just their dealers and/or Ford in general.

Old 06-06-2006, 09:09 AM
ketchup
Junior User
Arrow So, it really comes down to the dealer?

Seems like some of you guys have slimy, self glorified, salesmen as service managers at your ford dealers. I admit, it is hard to find a "good" guy service manager let alone technicians who give a rat's _ss. Its the system of what you can get away with that seems to have infiltrated what used to be honorable dealerships-dealership=stealership now. Fortunately, my 05 is at 18k and no problems, other than an occasional hard shift and I noticed the paint on the logo-passenger side has pealed on the "F". I did opt for the extended warranty to 100k though, just in case. I expect some problems, as with all machines, but you guys are right about how your treated when problems come up.

Old 06-06-2006, 12:25 PM
hllon4whls
Elder User
Originally Posted by wedge88
Where are you located? What kind of incentives was Ford Offering. I am in St. Louis and the best I have been able to do is about $35K. That setup that you have is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the info. I may go try and do some haggling this weekend..
I am in SE louisiana. I bought my truck in kenner, La from lamarque ford. Lamarquemotors.com Worked out all of the details over the phone. I think it was 4500 or something in rebates. Intrest rates went up. I got 7.5% with the 1000 cash back. I am above 720 and tier 0, which is their top rating. I plan to refi or pay off so I am not too worried about the rate, although I would have liked lower. I think they got over a little bit on me for the rates, but I am not too worried about it because of my situation.

I know I got a great deal sticker ~39,700 paid 29997. That is exactly what I paid for this truck no stretching the truth! I bought the truck May 1st.
They have different deals every couple of months, so you have to be at the right place at the right time.

Old 06-06-2006, 01:59 PM
wedge88
Senior User
Originally Posted by hllon4whls
I am in SE louisiana. I bought my truck in kenner, La from lamarque ford. Lamarquemotors.com Worked out all of the details over the phone. I think it was 4500 or something in rebates. Intrest rates went up. I got 7.5% with the 1000 cash back. I am above 720 and tier 0, which is their top rating. I plan to refi or pay off so I am not too worried about the rate, although I would have liked lower. I think they got over a little bit on me for the rates, but I am not too worried about it because of my situation.

I know I got a great deal sticker ~39,700 paid 29997. That is exactly what I paid for this truck no stretching the truth! I bought the truck May 1st.
They have different deals every couple of months, so you have to be at the right place at the right time.
Thats great but the interest rate has to hurt. That is the other reason I am waiting because when I bought my 03' I also qualified for 0%. I have seen some of the other big 3 offering this but Ford is not falling in so I will wait till I can pay cash or take out of home line of credit. (which may not be for awhile). Glad to hear it is possible to get under $30K

Old 06-06-2006, 07:36 PM
hllon4whls
Elder User
Old 06-07-2006, 08:42 AM
KZooDirt
Senior User
What!?!

Originally Posted by Flash
brake dust on the wheels
Did I miss a recall?

I'm not making light of your situation Flash, but did that one really need to be in there?

All vehicles are going to have problems- they're mechanical. Some, like Flash's will have more problems than acceptable. You just have to stick up for yourself at the dealer, with the manufacturer and with the local news channel that can usually get you what you want...

Old 06-07-2006, 08:44 AM
KZooDirt
Senior User
Originally Posted by hllon4whls

Uh, I think they got financial rebates from Ford on that rate to pay for the difference in the price. Something doesn't seem right there...

Old 06-08-2006, 09:57 PM
hllon4whls
Elder User
Originally Posted by KZooDirt
Uh, I think they got financial rebates from Ford on that rate to pay for the difference in the price. Something doesn't seem right there...
I think so too. I figured I refi or pay it off. Wasnt worth arguing with them. I could find 0 information from ford on what the rates would be on the cash back. Previously they used to post the info.

No matter. They think they have me, but I got the rebate and they wont get their years of finance revenue.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:51 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I guess you are lucky you're not buying a new chevy, my '05 2500HD with the 8.1 has had two rear ends (one defective, one improperly installed) and one piston slapping motor replaced with another, at least the new motor only slaps on startup. It's got 11K on the clock and all the work was done before 1K.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:30 AM
FTE Trigger
Postmaster
Wink

If it makes ya feel any better I turned down my Supplier's Incentives and Discounts that was offered by GM. (I make the machines for the vendors and suppliers of GM-no names sorry)
And all this was right when the "Family Pricing was restarting for GM and Starting up for Ford.

....And like I mentioned on the other (similar) thread..."Simply put, If I were to do it again- I most certainly would buy the truck all over again!..." Same Dealer of Course!

Last edited by FTE Trigger; 06-09-2006 at 01:32 AM.