Sponsored by: DP Tuner

bts valve body

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Bin Strokin
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bts valve body

i was wondering about the valve body is it better than doing a shift kit or is it basically the same thing? just wondering cuz i want to get a dp chip soon and i kinda want to do the tranny at the same time so i dont tare it apart.

Old 05-25-2006, 09:17 PM
aklim
Lead Driver

Received 242 Likes on 187 Posts
Firstly, I don't like to do 2 mods that affect each other at the same time. That way if something is wrong you never know what the problem is. I did my BTS valve body and that negated any need for a shift kit. I believe he changes the accumulators and adds a plate so you can vary the shift of tranny. It is a transgo plate where he makes some holes to make it the way he wants it. That is what I would do first so that things are running right. Then you can go to DP tuner and get the ECM flashed or whatever it is you want to do.

HOWEVER, discuss with DP Tuner and with the info in hand, tell BTS what you want the tranny to be like and what Jody tuned it to be. That is what I did and am very happy with the results.

Old 05-25-2006, 10:07 PM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The BTS VB is basically the same thing as a shift kit. With the Factory Tech, Transgo, or any others, you're getting the same parts that Brian would send. Except that I feel Brian's is much better. Since the only thing he works on is Ford trucks, and specializes in the transmission for our trucks, he knows these things inside out.

And, like alkim said, Brian can customize the VB for you to work with the chip, and Jody actually prefers the BTS VB to any others for his chips.

Old 05-25-2006, 11:19 PM
Lushman
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As stated, if you call Brian first, he will ask you what Jody said he was going to program his chip for. So I called Jody and discussed with him what I was going to do with my truck and he told me a code. Then you call Brian back at BTS and tell him the code Jody told you, give him your credit card number and the valve body shows up at your door about a week later! I then called Brian back once I received it and he explains to you what exactly each hole is for and how to "tweak" it if you want firmer shifts. I am going to install my VB this weekend and then call Jody for my chip. I can't wait to have the package installed and running as I have heard about the difference they make but have never driven in one!