Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Llano Mud Bog

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 04:23 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Llano Mud Bog

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. June 30th we will be mud bogging in Llano. The event will most likely start around 6pm till whenever. We weren't till around midnight last year. They will have a mud obsticle course, and of course a mud pit. So any of you guys that are interested come on out. If you need info on how to get there or more info on it, PM me I'd be glad to help out. Hope to see some of you there.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:18 PM
my79f
Laughing Gas
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
i was whaten for yoiu to post up about it.

in the next 2 weeks i will be getting my springs under the truck and im still saving for some 35 LTB's
got the kinks worked out of the motor, the front end is all good, i still need some mufflers if you have some . and also some hubs

Last edited by my79f; 05-17-2006 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:30 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Austin,
You have mail. And I forgot to mention in the PM, I may have tires for you too. Call me.

RubberDuck

Old 05-18-2006, 03:49 PM
my79f
Laughing Gas
i be callin later right now im in school still.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:46 PM
my79f
Laughing Gas
theres a little over a week till its time for the bog so get your junk ready

Old 06-22-2006, 12:25 AM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

I am ready. The question is, when are you gonna come get those hubs and mufflers? If you need them for the bog, you better get on with it. "Junk?" I got two words for you. BRING IT!!!!

Old 06-23-2006, 12:08 AM
my79f
Laughing Gas
hey duck, currently im sittin in an arizona rv park on family vacation. the earliest time i can get the mufflers and hubs would be on wed night or thur morning. also how many days will this be going for.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:58 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

I hope your having a good time brother. But I bet it's hot as hell there too. Wed. night will be just fine. We will be working on the trucks out here at my house in Spicewood. And it's only Friday night. Yall be safe coming home.

Old 06-24-2006, 01:12 AM
my79f
Laughing Gas
its not to hot, around high 70's. but anyways i will have to come out and get that stuff, and check out killer. i'll call you wed when i get home and make arrangements to come out.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:19 PM
RubberDuck
Logistics Pro

Well, I figured I would report in on the Llano event. First I would like to say that the event was awsome. We had a great time and flung ALOT of mud. I took my truck,and my79f took his F100. But our carivan out there also included my brother in laws 87 Chevy 1 ton, and my other good friend Chad brought out his 84 Chevy 1 ton with a blown big block. And some how we talked another one of my friends, Chris with a rock buggy to come out. (Its powered by a built 460) So new this year, all the other people wanted to have classes, because they didn't want to race us. Which was fine with us because we just wanted to race each other anyway to settle some grudges. There was probably 40 trucks in the event. It started with the side by side mud drags. Chad and I were the first ones in the pit. My lane was just a shade deeper than his, by about a foot! So he won that round. We had to go 4 rounds changing lanes every time. So we went back and fourth with the wins. But in the 4th round I made the quickest pass of the event going 200' in 8.65 seconds. And in the end I ended up winning our class by .2 seconds. So we went back and ran just heads up for the prize money and I lost, but it was close. Charley and Chris (the 87 and rock buggie) went back and fourth with the wins as well. But Chis in the rock buggie really put on a show. That light buggie w/ big block power really moved in the mud. It was very impressive. Charley was having problems with his nitrous shutting off below 3000 rpms which hurt him in the bog. But he put in a solid effort anyway. my79f......what can I say. The kid is all heart. He went one round in the shallow lane and let it all hang out. But in the next round went to the deep lane and his clutch gave up the ghost on him. But he made sure it was dead and put on one heck of a smoke show for everyone. But in the end had to be pulled out and that ended his night. But he gave it everything he had and I can't say enough about that.

So next was the obsticle course. After Chad and I ran heads up in the bog, we went directly to the line of the obsticle course. I'll just say this. I beat that Chevy down!!!!! So after losing there, he decide he wanted to drive on some crush cars they had set up. He almost got stuck on top of them and gave up and put it on the trailer. After that run, I checked my time and realized I was tied for first. So I ran again and put up a pretty good time. I only needed two runs to qualify for the money. So after that, I had to jump the crush cars. The first pass over I cleared the cars, but coming back didn't go so well. I tried to do the monster truck thing, blip the throttle and send the front end up and land on the cars........yeah, I got the front end up, but it came down in the roof of a car and stopped me like a brick wall. But the truck was still running and I drove off the cars and put it on the trailer.

Chris with the buggie decided not to run the obsticle course because he was having oil pressure problems. But Charley was burning it up. He bypassed his window switch so the nitrous would come on right away. He was really launching off the line. He had one blazing fast run, but a combo of popping out of 4wheel, and other problems kept him out of the money. And me beating him didn't help either. But in the end I got 3rd place in that event. I lost to a jeep that was just flawless in his runs. And another guy who had no reguard for life or limb. He actually left that bronco there in one of the mud pits when he was done. Literally. It was trashed from spending WAAAAY to much time in the air and never letting off the throttle..

All and all it was a great event. I have to thank the guys of B&L construction for putting on a great event. And my79f, thanks for going with us man I enjoyed having you there. Hopefully next year will go better for you. And don't think I forgot about you wanting to race me.....even if I got in the deep lane, I still would have beat your azz like I did everyone else. Glad you were there brother, and thanks for the comment in the offroad forum.

Old 07-02-2006, 09:05 PM
my79f
Laughing Gas
like duck said the event was awesome. and next year i hope more of yalll can come out and join in on the fun duck and i had