1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

finally got a clutch guys

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 12:06 PM
TexasRoughneck
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking finally got a clutch guys

well i finally had to put a clutch in my truck this past saturday, bought a precision clutch and solid flywheel from advanced auto and talk about lovin it right now, dont have to take off in 3rd anymore lol, but next on the list will be tymar dp, then 5" exhaust to a y-pipe and 7" bull hauler stacks, then beans injectors and chip, but heres my question can Tymar make a 3" expand to 5" dp or not, let me know guys, still thinkin of convertin mine to 4wd too, lol, my buddie's pickup is a half breed though, 12V cummins with a 2000 model turbo setup and ford 5 spd but clutch wont hold right now in a 88 ford 1 ton 4wd with his bed hes makin lol looks and rides like a tank though lol, thanks guys take care and god bless Lance

Old 05-15-2006, 12:28 PM
1997F-350
Postmaster
yes i believe dale is about the only one who makes a 5" kit for the obs. glad to hear you got er fixed. taking off in 3rd !!!

bring on the mods!!!

Old 05-15-2006, 11:42 PM
TexasRoughneck
Senior User
yeah takin off in 3rd hell thats the only way i could get around in mud but then again i have 4:10 gears too, was takin off in 3rd alot otherwise id have to kill the truck to put it in 2nd before i got the clutch replaced, the dual mass flywheel had lots of hot spots on it, not including alot of springs broke on the pressure plate and half the bearings gone too, throw out bearing was dry as could be, and clutch disc was just almost to the rivets too so yeah it was ready to be changed and yep tymar dp, thinking about puttin 3:73 gears in soon too, better fuel economy too lol, later yall Lance