Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Blown Fuse, No Go-Pedal

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 10:16 PM
arninetyes
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blown Fuse, No Go-Pedal

Last weekend I pulled my trans temp gauge to replace a bulb. I still don't know how I did it, but somehow I grounded the instrument light circuit and blew a fuse (I'm going to disassemble the gauge pod to find the offending wire - I wouldn't want this to happen unexpectedly while driving).

Anyway, I didn't have any spare fuses, so I figured that I didn't need the gauge lights, especially with the sun up. So, I pulled out of the driveway to go to the local car parts store for some fuses.

SURPRISE! The fly-by-wire throttle is on the same fused circuit as the instrument lights. No throttle. No go.

I idled back in front of the house, stole a fuse from my son's parked car, and went to get new fuses.

A word to the wise - make sure you have spare fuses. I normally do, but forgot to replace the last one I used. Dumb.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:24 AM
mueckster
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Good advice. It's like like the old American Express ad- "Don't leave home without it!"

Old 05-11-2006, 07:01 PM
cookie88
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SURPRISE! The fly-by-wire throttle is on the same fused circuit as the instrument lights.
That's good information. Filed for future reference.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:33 PM
johnny8
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very good thing to know..!!! thanks... i'll check my glove box for fuses tommorow..!!!