Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Edge stacks

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Ed 4X2X
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Edge stacks

Hey gang, Is anyone running the older edge evolution with the newer juice with attitude???? i was wanting to run the plug in tuner on the low setting and then run the juice with attitude,, since you can adjust on the fly.....wanted to ask the EXPERTS before i put the money down...thanks,,,,

Old 04-25-2006, 05:58 PM
CAT_man_963
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I kinda think Strokin_it7.3 was running that before he got his chip - not 100% sure on that though.... You might PM him if he doesn't post...

Old 04-25-2006, 05:59 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up

do the smart thing, and sell them both. go to a chip and analog gauges. sell the Juice first, and use that for analog gauges. then once you have the gauges in, run with the evolution and then sell the evolution to get a chip. i did that and i could never go back to that. sure the edge products would net you alot of black smoke, but that was IT. the power on the 75 setting of my chip (even a not-so-good one) is more than the evolution on 100 and the juice on 75. plus alot less smoke.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:30 AM
BuickTurbo
Elder User
I dont have the A2, but the newest version of the the A and stacked with the Evo. I like'm. It's up to your preference and what you are looking for. I get plenty of power, good fuel economy and a license to eat rice.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:55 PM
thebiggreenbeast
Junior User
i have the juice & the evolution stacked & it is UNREAL!!! u can shop around & get them both for a whole lot cheaper than msrp!!

Old 04-26-2006, 09:39 PM
BuickTurbo
Elder User
Hey BigGreen, I guess were not smart.

Old 04-27-2006, 05:26 AM
Ed 4X2X
Junior User
Red face

Gang, thanks for all of your replies,,, still not decided.....

Old 04-27-2006, 07:25 AM
turboale
Senior User
So the deal is if you want the edge you have to get the programmer too? Why has edge not updated their tunes if they are so bad?? I hear it smokes a lot and doesn't get great milage w/o the tuner. You guys have that same experience? Another thing I'm pretty confused about is the fact that both the programmer and the juice claim the same gains so how could having the programmer be any help? Does the programmer add more adjustability? Also, I'd check this forum sponsor for some good deals on edge stuff!
I really want the edge but have heard so many good things about the flip chip. So many good things in fact that I'm starting to wonder if there is a bit of forum favoritism. Not discrediting anyone, its just I have seen it many times before on automotive forums.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:08 AM
BuickTurbo
Elder User
You can get the Edge Juice module, which comes with a position switch.
You can get the Attitude monitor which eliminates the position switch and make the system a "switch on the fly".
Then you can get the Evolution - programmer- to stack.

With the Juice, you get three settings
Add the Attitude and you have five
Add the evolution and you have three sub settings
So technically you have 15 combinations to choose from.

I set the Evo to Tow and the Attitude to Tow with a low boost fuel seeting of 2 and I never get above 980 with a 15K case backhoe chasing my rear view.

It suits my purposes as I expected.

EVO: Tow, Race, Extreme
Attitude: Stock, Fuel Economy, Tow, Race, Extreme

I spoke to Ken with Edge and asked him how the stacking worked with their product.

I was told if you have the Juice Attitude combo and have it on the Extreme setting which I think is 120/200 - and then you stack it with the Evo on Extreme - it only adds another 10-15 HP and 20-30 on torque to suppliment.

Last edited by BuickTurbo; 04-27-2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:06 AM
arninetyes
Posting Guru
Okay, let's add this up:

Juice with Attitude: $750
Evolution: $400

Total: $1350. Stacked for 'unreal' performance and plenty of black smoke. Tunes generic for all 99-03 7.3s. Works better with some PCMs than others.

Or, a DP Tuner (or maybe TS Performance) 6-position chip and analog gauges.

DP Tuner 6-pos chip: $500 (or less if you don't need all 6 tunes)
3 gauges: $350

Or, $850, no stacking necessary, tunes by Jody Tipton for SPECIFIC PCMs to acheive consistent and best possible performance out of a mildly modified 7.3 - AND, for a little more, you can get custom tunes designed specifically for your engine and your specified mods.

Tough choice.

Nice to know that Edge can be made to work well. I hated the Evolution tuner by itself.

Last edited by arninetyes; 04-27-2006 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:16 AM
BuickTurbo
Elder User
Me only pay $900 for complete package and install. Gotta love DIS

Old 04-27-2006, 08:19 PM
Ed 4X2X
Junior User
Lightbulb stacks

Guys, the reason i asked the question is because i already have the evolution by edge .....mainly at the time they did not have the juice with attitude for the mighty 7.3 ....so i went with the evolution after i had in stalled better intake, bigger exhaust and gauges of course...... because i tow a 30' camper that weights 7500 LBS so i wanted a little more power .... so the tow works great .. BUT i like the middle setting also ... and manuelly switching from setting to setting is a bigg pain in the chevy!!!!! when i saw on the show "TRUCKS" that the 7.3 has it with attitude i wanted it for the mere fact of shifting on the fly... okay i went to my local truck store to see if they would take a trade and they werent going to give me that much for a trade so ,, i ask the question about stacking and that seems the way to go......

Old 04-27-2006, 08:23 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
i got my evolution for $300 and the Attitude/Juice for $569 off ebay. the Juice was new. now having a chip, i would never go back to the Evo/Juice combo over my chip. now i can't wait to get a fully custom burnt chip from DPtuner

Old 04-28-2006, 07:48 PM
arninetyes
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by strokin_it7.3
i got my evolution for $300 and the Attitude/Juice for $569 off ebay. the Juice was new. now having a chip, i would never go back to the Evo/Juice combo over my chip. now i can't wait to get a fully custom burnt chip from DPtuner
I never tried stackiing. I only had an Evo tuner by itself. It was okay in the 60hp mode - it had more power, reasonable EGT, and not too much smoke. BUt I hated the 80 and 100 hp settings because they spewed plumes of thick black smoke and had an instant jump in EGT as soon as you started to push the throttle. Shifting sucked in those modes, too.

It seemed like such a waste to have three settings and be only happy with one of them.

Some people really like the black smoke, I do not. I want the power, not the smoke. I'm very, very happy with my chip. I really had no clue there could be so much difference between the way one company tunes an engine compared to another.

Jody Tipton REALLY knows what he is doing. Tony Wildman is another one that has a great rep with the 7.3.