1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hand Draped Over Steering Wheel Super Duty Swagger

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 11:37 PM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Warring
I too agree with MrBass, I also have never felt safer on the road than driving in my F250SD CC V10 4X4. My trucks have always earned their image 'Ford Tough', so a little swagging is part of the deal right!!
Agreed. They all look good and serve their owners well.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Gunner15a
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello, I'm new here. I'm Gunner15a, and yes, I swagger.

everyone replies:"Hello Gunner"

It all started rather innocently, acutally. I live in Oklahoma, and work in the oil buisness.

everyone replies:"DIRTY PRICE GOUGER! LYNCH HIM! LYNCH HIM NOW!"

Hold on everybody. I work in the DRILLING END. Not the PRODUCTION end. I'm trying to LOWER the price of fuel...........

everyone replies:"Oh..humph.....well.......he's STILL suspicious, but lets not kill him JUST yet"

Anyway, I tend to work the midwest, but occasionally have to work the Rocky Mountan district when they get short handed. Just such a situation happened last November when I had to go to Rifle, Colorado, on a job and all I had to drive was my 2003 F150 6 banger 2wd.

everyone replies:"SHOCK AND OUTRAGE!"

Yeah, shock and outrage. I had to drive through a snowstorm on I-80 in Wyoming to get home. THAT was an experience, one I'd just as soon not experience AGAIN. Terror sucks. Anyway, got home and told the Missus/Sergent Major/Organizer of my life,"I don't care how stingy you are, I need something to drive that might get me out of a tight spot, instead of something I might be found frozen in.". She cringed, thinking about what this would do the the bank account, and after a few days of deliberating weither it would be more economical to find me frozen in a glacier or have me walking around, she acquiesced, and decided the paperwork was easier to do on a truck than on insurance forms.

everyone replies:"Yeah women. You know how they get.Grumble mumble mumble"

To be fair, I bought my F150 new, and it did everything I ever asked it to do, and did it well. Gas mileage was outstanding, never had any problems with it, but doing what I do, I needed something, something that has 4wd, something that could tow a trailer...........Something that my little F150 just wasn't capable of doing...........Something that was..........DIESEL

everyone replies:"Yeah poor little guy. Just wasn't built for heavy hauling. Good truck though"

So I went to the Ford truck site, and built my F250, screenshot the pages and saved them with all the options I wanted on my new truck, took it down to my Ford dealer, and said, "I want this. Can you get it for me".....

everyone replies:"Go on, this is getting good............"

So my dealer called me up a couple of days later and told me "I got a red one, and a black one". The red one didn't have some options I need for work, so I took the black one......

general desintion erupts in the crowd:"BLACK.........I would have gone with RED!"........."RED! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND........BESIDES IT WASN'T OPTIONED RIGHT!".........."OH GET REAL RED IS TOO COOL!". Both side collect cookies from the snack table to pelt each other with..........tension starts running high......

Cmon folks, this thread isn't about color, it's about swagger, now, isn't it. Can't we all just get along?

both sides take their seats, eyeing each other warily, ready to fling baked goods at the drop of a hat. Then one guy stand up and says "DIESEL! YOU NON BELIEVER! DIDN'T EVEN GIVE THE V10 A CHANCE!". Chairs start moving again.........

Diesel was one of the options I specified. I know. But it was a personal choice. Please don't hold it against me.........I'm just that way....

murmers from the V10 crowd:"Keep an eye on that one.......he's trouble"......

Anyway, a couple of days later and my dealer calls me."You're truck is in". So we jumped in the wifes Honda Civic (Yeah I managed to talk her into trading her car for my new truck)

everyone replies:"VERY nicely played! Sounds like she never even saw it coming."

Well we went down to the dealer, and there it was. A big black shiny WARHORSE of a truck. My eyes dialated, and I could feel my blood pressure dropping.

everyone replies:"Well thats not THAT uncommon.............."

My salesmen said "It even came with the optional chrome package". I could feel my palm sweating. My heart was hammering. I took the keys in shaking hands and opened her up. New truck smell washed over me.

everyone replies:"oooooooooo........."

And then I slid into the seat, and put the key in. Turned it on, waited for the glow plugs, and then lit it off. The angry growl of the diesel washed over me. And along with it came...........yes you guessed it.........the swagger........I could feel it oozing out of the air conditioning vents, and out from under the drivers side seat. Little did I know..........yes.......little did I know.......

silence from the crowd.

At first, I just swaggered at home. I didn't really even notice I was doing it, untill the Missus/Sergent Major/Organizer of my life told me close the garage door and quit looking at it. But of COURSE, I didn't have a problem. I could handle it.

More and more I started driving my truck. And the worse the swagger became. I began to swagger in public, and around my freinds. People would come up to me and say "Man thats a nice truck", and I say things like "Thanks". It got worse and worse. I'd look down on Toyota trucks, seeing the seams in their roofs, and just get this........this........FEELING........I was driving a bigger better truck than they were.........I'd swagger around the house, the back yard, around the DOG..........

I'd drive around with one arm in the window, driving with my left hand, and yes........the swagger never left.

And thats why I'm here. I'm Gunner, I own a F250..........And yes....I have a swaggering problem..........

Gunner15a

Old 05-01-2006, 03:41 PM
bikerdei
Senior User
Gunner,

Great story, had me laughing my @$$ off. I always wondered where the swagger came from didn't realize it was from under the seat and the vents

Scott

Old 05-01-2006, 03:49 PM
zx250
Of the next Riffraff East
Gunner, welcome to FTE. Glad to have you onboard. Congrates on the new truck. And I look forward to more great reading from you. As far as you first post goes:

Old 05-01-2006, 04:41 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
Gunner,

BEST 1st post EVER!!!

just outstanding! WARHORSE of a truck, LMAO!!! Screw the oil fields you should become a professional storyteller! Keep 'em coming, man!

Ryan

Old 05-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Customz
Postmaster
He even swaggers around the dog....

Last edited by Customz; 05-01-2006 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:27 PM
mwpierson
Senior User
This boy's got it BAD! I think you might want to sign up for PSDSA!! LOL

Mike

Old 05-01-2006, 05:55 PM
ryaneverk2
Postmaster
I've decided to copy Gunner's post into a Word Doc and save it on my computer for a rainy day.... INSTANT cheerup!

Old 05-01-2006, 07:36 PM
alstaregixxer
Senior User
Guilty here as well, of both the hand over the wheel and the "look back" in the parking lots....

I think I might just have the answer to why the Dodge guys hold on with both hands. They HAVE to to keep those things going straight down the road, you know because of the vibrations and all.

Incidentally, that is also my answer to why Harley riders won't wave at a passing Sportbike rider...lol

Old 05-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Gunner15a
Elder User
Originally Posted by Louisville Joe
Funny, you sure don't see the 'Super Duty Swagger' at the gas station (diesel @$3.70/gal. around here) or the Ford dealer's service drive! More likely to see it with a V-10 truck.
Wanna bet?

Gunner15a

Old 05-01-2006, 09:04 PM
sweetpete
Senior User
Great story Gunner15a. What a riot. The fact you traded in your WIFE'S car for your truck was icing on the cake. I'm dying...just dying. LOL!! Oh my.....(tears...)

It doesn't get funnier. (tissue wipes the eyes)

Old 05-02-2006, 08:48 AM
fordboy_52
Lead Driver
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
wow, welcome to fte gunner.. very nicly typed post... glad to have you onboard

Matt

Old 05-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Deluxe05
Posting Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alstaregixxer
Incidentally, that is also my answer to why Harley riders won't wave at a passing Sportbike rider...lol
Funny, I have been blown off by more sportbike riders than any other. Regardless of who does/does not wave, I'll continue to wave, as we all share the desire to brave the roads in the wind.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:27 PM
alstaregixxer
Senior User
Deluxe05: you hit the nail on the head, It doesn't matter what you ride, It's THAT you ride that matters.....Keep it shiny side up.

Old 05-03-2006, 03:27 PM
bikerdei
Senior User
Agree, I wave to anyone on 2 wheels. We have to stick together.

Quick Reply: Hand Draped Over Steering Wheel Super Duty Swagger