Sponsored by: DP Tuner

CarQuest....YOU pay for convenience.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 10:24 PM
BuickTurbo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarQuest....YOU pay for convenience.

Man, I almost unloaded in my pants today at work. I ordered a CPS from my local vendor (for work) American Power Brake (CarQuest) and they told me they had to go to the warehouse to get it, but then they would kindly drop it off by the shop. I thought.."Great!", hung up the phone and went about my day. After lunch I go back to the shop to see if the CPS came in....it did. I asked my super how much it was so I could write up the PO.

$178.00................uh..........uh............T he mass spectrometer did not detect any solid gold or diamond particles in the CPS itself.

Needless to say, I returned it and gladly paid ford $89.00.

SouthWest International won't sell CPS's for the PSD's. Why?.... I don't know. I don't care....I do know that I won't be buying them from CQ.

Just had to share.

Old 04-19-2006, 03:01 PM
dagren99
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ih Cps

Just tell the IH dealer you have a T444E in a Navistar truck - CPS is the same
Sure someone will chime in with the IH P/N - if you even mention it's a Ford to some IH dealers they tell you to go away they don't sell the parts. Others are ok w/ it just depends on the dealer i guess.

DG

Old 04-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
What dagren99 said. Just ask for what you want for the T444E.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:54 PM
blown99
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The part # for the black sensor is 1825899c93.
They may not want to sell to you based on application because of navistars warranty. If they sell you a part it is warrantied for up to one year parts and labor, but being that it is in a ford pick up, there service techs and shop equipment can't handle/don't want to work on "cars". Its not even the fact that it is just a simple cam sensor, the issues come with injectors, turbo's, and engine replacements. Our warranty book times don't coincide with the actual time, usually more on a pick up, and we loose out. Hope this makes a little sense.