Which Intake of the Offenhausers' are better?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Bullride_101
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Intake of the Offenhausers' are better?

I need to know what is better of these two manifolds to use on my truck:
The Offy C Series or the Offy Dual Port

Thanks

Old 04-05-2006, 08:15 PM
nsshirai
Freshman User
C series makes most of its power in the top end, from what I've heard it'd be from 3000 RPM to 7000 RPM

DP is the more popular option for low end torque power. As the 300 doesn't really like to be revved to the moon (under most conditions, unless you've built the crap out of it and done massive amounts of headwork), DP is probably the better option. Better for normal driving on civilian streets, that is. The C would be better if you plan on racing it I guess.

Not to say that people haven't had good results with the C series. Anything will be an improvement over that stock manifold and 1 bbl carb. But, unless you're taking it to the track, I'd go with the DP.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:01 AM
BigBear1
Senior User
Originally Posted by nsshirai
C series makes most of its power in the top end, from what I've heard it'd be from 3000 RPM to 7000 RPM

DP is the more popular option for low end torque power. As the 300 doesn't really like to be revved to the moon (under most conditions, unless you've built the crap out of it and done massive amounts of headwork), DP is probably the better option. Better for normal driving on civilian streets, that is. The C would be better if you plan on racing it I guess.

Not to say that people haven't had good results with the C series. Anything will be an improvement over that stock manifold and 1 bbl carb. But, unless you're taking it to the track, I'd go with the DP.
Exactly what I was thinking!

Old 04-06-2006, 10:44 AM
5_labsownus
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 1,610 Likes on 1,497 Posts
I have the "C" on my truck and it works very well but the rear cylinders run richer then the front. Turning the carb sideways will help this issue on the "C". The DP will prevent the problem. The only reason I used the "C" is, I found one for sell about 1 mile from my house for a cheap price $125!

Ditto the HPand torque but you need to use EFI manifolds or headers to get the most gain!

Rod

Old 04-07-2006, 11:55 AM
BigBear1
Senior User
Originally Posted by 5_labsownus

Ditto the HPand torque but you need to use EFI manifolds or headers to get the most gain!

Rod
I agree, Originally I wasn't going to and i'm glad I did, my Hedman headers were only $150 and I'm sure you could find EFI manifolds for less. The more it breathes in the more it needs to exhale.