The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Who listens to ICP?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 09:02 PM
fattmann
Tuned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do apologize if you didn't get to read my post and I said anything negative to you in reference to it.

One of my points was that you never know what a group is about, unless you talk to them on an honest level, which is rare. They are in it for the money or they wouldn’t be there (don't give me that noble "for the fans" crap etc.).

I was personally never looking to bash you tastes. Listen to what you want.

It's the negative persona that people like you give to certain groups of people. Metal Heads will never have a job, Rap fans will always sell drugs, and ICP fans will always be dirty-white trash. It's just not nice, not fair, and just plain ignorant.

Old 05-14-2006, 09:38 PM
DD1684
Elder User
I listen to ICP every day in my truck ('00 F-250 PSD). I have no piercings, no tatoos, don't smoke or even drink. I don't sport ICP shirts or have stickers on my truck. I wore a pair of Levi's jeans and a Mack Trucks shirt with DVS skate sneakers today. I'm a regular guy. I live in a regular home and attended a regular school and now college. Haven't had a troubled past either. I know for sure that I don't fit the stereotype for what an ICP fan is. Most people laugh or tell me how bad ICP is and that nobody likes them when I say I listen to them. It's really hard to believe how many people are so narrow-minded. Ok, so just because country music (example) is a big fad right now with teens and young adults, I should like it because almost everybody else does? Just because it's considered by ignoramouses to be the norm I have to like it too? It really gets under my skin when people crap all over ICP. They think that because most average people don't like it that anybody who listens to it is a weirdo or an idiot. I refuse to conform. And you can bet your bottom dollar that when I buy another truck next year I'll be playing ICP in that cd player too!

Old 05-14-2006, 10:52 PM
fattmann
Tuned
Wow, I would also like to apologize for all the Country bashing. Not sure who started it (too lazy to reread all of it), but I admire those that have kept their cool on the matter, lol.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:01 PM
soundwave
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DD1684
I listen to ICP every day in my truck ('00 F-250 PSD). I have no piercings, no tatoos, don't smoke or even drink. I don't sport ICP shirts or have stickers on my truck. I wore a pair of Levi's jeans and a Mack Trucks shirt with DVS skate sneakers today. I'm a regular guy. I live in a regular home and attended a regular school and now college. Haven't had a troubled past either. I know for sure that I don't fit the stereotype for what an ICP fan is. Most people laugh or tell me how bad ICP is and that nobody likes them when I say I listen to them. It's really hard to believe how many people are so narrow-minded. Ok, so just because country music (example) is a big fad right now with teens and young adults, I should like it because almost everybody else does? Just because it's considered by ignoramouses to be the norm I have to like it too? It really gets under my skin when people crap all over ICP. They think that because most average people don't like it that anybody who listens to it is a weirdo or an idiot. I refuse to conform. And you can bet your bottom dollar that when I buy another truck next year I'll be playing ICP in that cd player too!
Good post, points, and I agree fully.

My target were the people who consider themselfs "juggalos". The people who think that by doing this, they will become accepted in some community, when if fact, thoes who set this "trend" laugh at you, too.

I'd like to repost what I typed, but if I did it'd probley get deleted again. PM me for more info.

Geeze. I sound like a wrestling hotline. "Call 1-976-ICP-SUXX for more info!"

Old 05-15-2006, 02:39 PM
fattmann
Tuned
I still think you are talking out of your rear end with this "those who set the trend laugh at you too) buisness. If you haven't talked to them directly, it's irrelevant.

Those that bash juggalos may think that they will be accepted in some community, when in fact everyone laughs at them for being close-minded and stereotypical.

Old 05-15-2006, 04:32 PM
DD1684
Elder User
If ICP went all MTV/VH1 like country did and turned all pop and hip hop, then I'm sure everybody would love it like they love country and rap now. Everything is trendy. It's funny, but for the past 20 years of my life (22 now), I can't remember so many people my age liking country music (again, example). IMO, country music has sucked, does suck, and will continue to suck well into the future, but it seems EVERYBODY all of a sudden loves it! Put it this way; ten years ago, you'd probably get laughed at in high school or college if you were a country fan. Now it's the norm. I hate trends. And for those who continue to bash ICP and the fans, keep bashing, because we know it's not us with the problem .

Old 05-15-2006, 08:10 PM
DD1684
Elder User
Oh, and I've watched and read stuff about Violent J and Shaggy. I find it hard to believe that they think bad about their fans. And soundwave, feel free to PM me dude...I'm curious to see what ya got!

Old 05-21-2006, 02:28 PM
DainBramage
Posting Guru
Can't say I've ever listened to their music, but I wouldn't want to be associated with this kind of garbage, just some local news links..

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/...sp?ArID=176970

Well shoot, since the local newspaper seems to have already removed the story from their website, the long story short is, this has flared up in the last month or so, locally. A group of, well, punk kids, proudly declaring themselves Juggalos, causing all sorts of trouble, including the arson referred to in the above story. This is just one of many stories in the last month regarding this little pseudo-gang....

My personal feeling here is, you certainly can't blame the artist/music for others actions. How weak minded are these kids, if listening to this stuff pushes them towards actions like this? Then again, I suppose that conclusion could already have been drawn about someone who essentially bases their whole personal identity on an image created around a band.
I guess that has always been the teenage thing to do, at some level, emulate your favorite celebrity, but, some of the kids involved in this situation are in thier early 20's. IMO, well past time to grow up, get your own identity, and remove their heads from the back-ends.

I am glad I stumbled on this thread, maybe some of you who listen to this stuff can explain what exactly would drive this particular group of "fans" to this kind of action? Is this what their music is about?
Don't get me wrong, I grew up on Megadeth, Gwar, all sorts of disturbing stuff (look up Gwar - Scumdogs of the Universe sometime), but I also never saw fit to try and act any of this stupidity out, so I guess I'm just looking for a grasp.

EDIT: Had to add this... I suppose the kids that wrap themselves up in this image really believe this is how the band members live their life. I guess that's part of the problem. Fact is, as any rational adult can see, these guys don't go home at night and figure out how to break the law. They sit in their newly purchased homes, giggle to themselves, and count the money they're raking in with a well marketed gimmick..

Last edited by DainBramage; 05-21-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:17 PM
fattmann
Tuned
That article is just the bad type of journalism that fuels these fires. "According to state police, the teens fit the profile of Juggalos" "ranging in age from 13 to 30 something."

That is such a broad generalization. And who uses "30 something" in professional reporting?

Now if this article alludes to another as it seems you were trying to point out, I guess one would have to see the others to get the full story (I would consider that bad journalism).

I can't give you the explanation on why kids do these things, I never did, but I guess what it comes down to is boredom and popularity. Kids that are picked on tend to look for ways to be accepted. Famous, or infamous, people want to be accepted, to be part of a group. I agree with not blaming the music/groups, kids need to learn some common sense. Unfortunately I feel that is something that you cannot teach directly, common sense is developed, not taught.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:40 PM
DainBramage
Posting Guru
Yes, that article was referring to a few others in the local paper. Wish I could link you to em. And that new source (Capital News 9), I'd never accuse them of professional journalism...Time Warner's little effort in dabbling with local news channels.. If they can't rip it off from the local paper, they'll steal it off CNN's website. If neither, they just won't cover it...

Anyway, these kids have labeled themselves as such, in a prior story by the original source, they interviewed several of the kids.

Gotta agree with you there, no common sense.

Last edited by DainBramage; 05-21-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:08 PM
DD1684
Elder User
These kids who started the fire aren't Juggalos. If they had any common sense or a sense of reality, they'd know that ICP does NOT stand behind acts like arson. Kids think that the lyrics are literal, and that the artist(s) are for what they say in their songs. Why are thee teens so easily influenced? Because they're either stupid or totally ignorant. When it comes to reality in music and lyrics, most young kids and teens don't know their butt from their elbow. Tell these kids what a Juggalo is supposed to be, and they'll stop listening to ICP like all the other wackjob satanists that have something against God. Kids (mainly young teens) are so easily influenced by music that it's scary. Don't blame the entertainer for what the kids do. If anything the parents need to sit their children down and say "Ok, now ICP does not actually go out and kill people..." etc.. The media is totally clueless. All the media likes to do is point fingers because it makes the story more interesting. They're total morons who care about nothing except getting the story. Teens>ignorant Media>idiots..People need to get a clue.

Old 05-23-2006, 10:38 PM
FERacing66
Posting Guru
ICP? Never heared of it. I do listen to Led Zeppelin though.

Old 05-24-2006, 07:13 PM
RagunCajun
Senior User
well said, DD1684. The media will have a better story if they have someone to blame. It just gives people a bad name. I just dont worry about it. I listen to what i like reguardless of what happens outside my home