waiting on new truck. . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
waiting on new truck. . .

Hey guys,
Its been a long while and I'm finally getting the truck of my dreams. I'll be picking it up in about a month. Its a 2000 F-350 CC Long box XLT Lariat, 7.3 PSD 6spd. Oh I forgot its 4x4. I can't believe I found a lariat with a six speed. Its the second one I've found, but the other was an 02. . . so no good. But this baby is a southern truck and only 66000 miles. So I'm so excited, I just had to tell everybody! Many mods are on the way. . . I figure I'll upgrade the turbo and exhaust and intake first, get gauges and do my TS Six position chip. Alcohol injection and see what happens next. I got plans bigger than my pocket book ANyway. . . talk to you all later.
Tim

Old 03-15-2006, 11:37 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiflyer746
Hey guys,
Its been a long while and I'm finally getting the truck of my dreams. I'll be picking it up in about a month. Its a 2000 F-350 CC Long box XLT Lariat, 7.3 PSD 6spd. Oh I forgot its 4x4. I can't believe I found a lariat with a six speed. Its the second one I've found, but the other was an 02. . . so no good. But this baby is a southern truck and only 66000 miles. So I'm so excited, I just had to tell everybody! Many mods are on the way. . . I figure I'll upgrade the turbo and exhaust and intake first, get gauges and do my TS Six position chip. Alcohol injection and see what happens next. I got plans bigger than my pocket book ANyway. . . talk to you all later.
Tim
That sounds like a great truck. I'm excited for you just hearing about it. The crew cab, the six speed, the long box..... All great.

Old 03-15-2006, 11:46 PM
DavidT.
Elder User
Congrats on the truck. Why so long of a wait (A month?) Be sure to post pictures!

Old 03-16-2006, 06:11 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that is my dream truck's configuration. im regretting the automatic. a 2000 with forged rods, 6 speed, lariat, crew/long bed is just what i desire now, but not at the time i bought it. low mileage too, which is great. do you mind if i ask how much youre paying?

Old 03-16-2006, 07:45 AM
wolftan
Senior User
AWSOME!!! Welcome to the world of the mods syndrome....but worth every penny!

Old 03-16-2006, 11:15 AM
chapguy
Senior User
Congrats on a sweet ride and LOW miles. Nice to know you can take her to 400K and have nearly all the miles under YOUR right foot.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
oh yeah:)

Hey guys. I've been chasing this truck for almost a year. Not this particular one, but the CC long bed manual. THe lariat was an added bonus for sure. Its really the only one I've found with the good rods. I'm paying 23900 for it. I'm sure I could have gotten it a little lower if I wanted, but I'm just gratefull their holding it for me. I'm a young dude and have been having a hell of a time trying to get financed. No credit and harder than hell to build credit. Well My Dear Momm just passed away in a car accident a month ago. She loved her car. . . 2005 Monte Carlo SS Tony Stewart Edition. She didn't know who tony stewart was, she just wanted the comfortable heated leather seats Well my new truck has comfortable heated leather seats too Anyway, she left a rather large insurance plan and has allowed me to go all out. Its a very small blessing compared to the loss of her. But its something I will be able to get into every day, and think of her. . . especially when its cold and I have the seat heaters on But anyway, I have about three weeks left till the check comes in. And when It does, I'll be heading out to get it. I am excited, its beautiful. I'll surely post pictures, I'll have a nice Before and After album Well theres my story guys, sorry for the length.
Tim

Old 03-16-2006, 11:11 PM
Tenn01PSD350
Post Fiend
Sorry to hear about your mom Tim. No better way to honor her memory than to do something that you can remember her by. By that I mean something that you can look at and appreciate every day, and think of her when you do. If you're a truck guy, then you're on the right track. You're definitley in the right place to start your ride on the PMS roller coaster. Looking forward to photos.

Old 03-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 792 Likes on 604 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiflyer746
Hey guys. I've been chasing this truck for almost a year. Not this particular one, but the CC long bed manual. THe lariat was an added bonus for sure. Its really the only one I've found with the good rods. I'm paying 23900 for it. I'm sure I could have gotten it a little lower if I wanted, but I'm just gratefull their holding it for me. I'm a young dude and have been having a hell of a time trying to get financed. No credit and harder than hell to build credit. Well My Dear Momm just passed away in a car accident a month ago. She loved her car. . . 2005 Monte Carlo SS Tony Stewart Edition. She didn't know who tony stewart was, she just wanted the comfortable heated leather seats Well my new truck has comfortable heated leather seats too Anyway, she left a rather large insurance plan and has allowed me to go all out. Its a very small blessing compared to the loss of her. But its something I will be able to get into every day, and think of her. . . especially when its cold and I have the seat heaters on But anyway, I have about three weeks left till the check comes in. And when It does, I'll be heading out to get it. I am excited, its beautiful. I'll surely post pictures, I'll have a nice Before and After album Well theres my story guys, sorry for the length.
Tim
My condolances on your Mom. Mine's still alive and I can't begin to imagine what it's like when she's gone.
A good way to start a good credit history is to finance a small portion of that truck and make all the payments in a timely manner. Even if you have more than enough money now, nothing lasts forever. You may want to use the rest for purchasing a home to live in, or start a business. That way you will have the beginnings of a good credit history.

Old 03-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Hiflyer746
Posting Guru
credit

Hey guys, thanks. . . I have my credit slowely building now, it just will take about six months for it to do anything. So I'll just be pateint with that now Just a question, what diesel fuel costing by all of you these days?
Tim

Old 03-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Medic 66
Posting Guru
$2.53 here in the buckeye state.

Old 03-17-2006, 10:32 AM
powerstroker27
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$2.58 down in NE Texas

Old 03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
wolftan
Senior User
$2.45 in san antonio this morning

Old 03-17-2006, 11:05 AM
DavidT.
Elder User
$2.73 here in Northern California. That's the cheap stations. Chevron is $2.89.

Old 03-17-2006, 01:48 PM
powrstrkn'
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2.69 in connecticut

Quick Reply: waiting on new truck. . .