N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

Chat

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 01:19 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chat

I attended the regular 48-60 forum Saturday Eve chat tonight. It worked well, even though there were a lot of users. The FTE administration has opened the extra rooms up so, even though we didn't know it at the time, we could have moved there and avoided the regular chatters.

How about we try a regular chat time for NorCal? Pick a day and a time that works for most of us, and do a regular weekly online chat? We can talk about almost anything, NorCal business, our trucks, family, school - just sort of like friends talking across the back fence.

We will move to an empty room so as not to disturb anyone else.

One thing, there are rules that boil down to keeping this a family friendly site. It was the regular chatter's language and vulgar discussions that caused FTE management to close the rooms to start with.

If someone steps out of line (not that we would, but we can not control who else might join us, or while we are in the main chat window) write down the screen name and time the offensive language or statements were made, and email that to me.

I will forward that to FTE admin, and they will review the transcripts. They have restricted members from posting if their language is offensive.

We are working hard to get members, especially the ladies, and do not want any to be offended and leave us.

Would you attend, and, if so, what day/time would be best?

Old 03-12-2006, 02:07 AM
ZombieSlayer
Posting Guru
I'll try to attend but I seriously hate FTE's chat program. It never behaves properly if I do manage to get in.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:31 AM
ford390gashog
Fleet Owner

Received 521 Likes on 400 Posts
i also dislike the FTE program. Its confusing to use and if you press the button too many times it logs you off for spam. I prefer the one mike setup on his website.

Old 03-12-2006, 02:53 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Well, I agree, except that they are running new software. Lets give theirs a chance and if we don't like it we can move to our own. FTE wants traffic on their web, as it is the number of hits on a page that they sell to the advertisers. We should support them as much as possible.

Let us hold one chat there, and see what the consensus is -we can always move to our own site.