need help fast !!!! i came to nc to bring my truck home .. what i do have :
head lights high and low
front turn signals
front&rear parking lights

what i dont have :
4 ways
rear brake lights at any time .. ie ..lights or signals in operation or not
rear turn signals at any time ..

is their a test to rule out the signal switch or to prove the the switch to be faulty ?? why just the rears ?? why the brake lights too ?? why does my flasher stop working when i enguage the 4 ways ?? ive seen it said "flashers " is their more than one ?? where are you getting a switch ??? autozone /advanced unavalable ... need help fast as i have to bring the truck home tommrow ... thanks to all that can lend a hand ... russ

Old 03-03-2006, 08:16 PM
charles jones
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like something got the wires to the rear of the truck for stop/ turn. If your front turn signals work. Your turn signals are ok. If your front & rear park lights work your light switch is ok. Check your bulbs and check your bulb sockets for corrosion. Check your 4 way flasher. Check your wiring under the truck for a break in the stop/ turn wires. I dont think it would be the brake light switch but I'd check it as well. Good luck Charles

Old 03-04-2006, 04:45 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by ct.russ
need help fast !!!! i came to nc to bring my truck home .. what i do have :
head lights high and low
front turn signals
front&rear parking lights

what i dont have :
4 ways
rear brake lights at any time .. ie ..lights or signals in operation or not
rear turn signals at any time ..

is their a test to rule out the signal switch or to prove the the switch to be faulty ?? why just the rears ?? why the brake lights too ?? why does my flasher stop working when i enguage the 4 ways ?? ive seen it said "flashers " is their more than one ?? where are you getting a switch ??? autozone /advanced unavalable ... need help fast as i have to bring the truck home tommrow ... thanks to all that can lend a hand ... russ
Russ, There are only three wires goint to the rear of the truck. One for the tail lights and one each for the brake light and turn signal. The brake and turn signal share the same wire. First check your bulbs to see if both filiments are there unbroken. As Charles suggested clean up the sockets and bulb tips real good. Use a tester to see if you are getting power to the bulbs.

The 4way flasher uses the same wires and is canceled when the brakes or turnsignal is applied.

John

Old 03-05-2006, 04:49 PM
ct.russ
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks to thoes who helped ... the fix was way to simple...... when i found it .. their was a 2 wire hook up under the colum i unhooked it sprayed with wd.40 and it worked ????? trip went great home a little costly on the gas part ... lol @around 75 mph shes running just bellow 3 grand ... just glad to be and have it home .. russ