1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Codes from odomiter display!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 09:34 AM
SLE
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Codes from odomiter display!!

Does anyone know where to get or have the info that tells what each code is that displays through the odometer for an 03' Superduty. I was toggleing through them yesterday but could only figure out about 3 or 4 of them, I found the gauge check, the rpms, the doors sensors and like two other things but there were atleast another 10 or so that I toggled through that I couldn't Identify. I think it shows an hour meter and a bunch of sensor checks but the display is limited so its hard to tell what its telling you and which sensor its checking. where can I get the short hand for these codes so I know what they are saying?

Old 02-06-2006, 11:01 AM
CmprSpecial
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a thread from a couple of years back I found using "search" http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/sh...=trip+odometer

Old 02-06-2006, 11:41 AM
SLE
Posting Guru
Thanks Bill

Old 02-06-2006, 11:44 AM
CmprSpecial
Elder User
Originally Posted by SLE
Thanks Bill
Any time.. BTW, cool pics of your ride. I want the lighted mirrors, but can's justify the cash... someday...

Old 02-06-2006, 12:26 PM
SLE
Posting Guru
Picked up the mirrors for under $250 used of the FTE Classifieds and sold the old ones for a $100 on ebay so all in all it was a cheap upgrade. I couldn't see around my camper with the "sport mirrors" so it was a need and not a want, or so I convinced my wife, lol.

Old 02-06-2006, 01:44 PM
rwetter
Junior User
other codes..

My E350 Superduty V10 has many of the codes mentioned in the other thread, but mine has several more, 68 total.

to Quote the Workshop manual:

Instrument Cluster Dealer Test Mode

To enter the Instrument Cluster Dealer Test Mode, press and hold the instrument cluster SELECT/RESET button, then turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. Continue pressing the SELECT/RESET button (5 seconds) until TEST is displayed in the odometer. The SELECT/RESET button must be released within 5 seconds of the odometer displaying TEST to begin the dealer test mode. Press the SELECT/RESET button to advance through the following steps until the DTC is displayed. Pressing the SELECT/RESET button repeatedly will display all continuous DTCs stored before proceeding to the next step.

Odometer Display Description
SWEEP GAUGE Carries out the gauge sweep of all the gauges, then displays the present gauge values. Also carries out the checksum tests on ROM and EE.

TEST BULBS/LEDS Illuminates all the following micro-controlled lamps and light emitting diodes (LEDs). ABS, Brake, Low Fuel, Check Gauge, Check Fuel Cap, Safety Belt, Check Engine, Wait to Start, Water in Fuel, Electronic Throttle Control (ETC).

All segments illuminated Proves out all the trip/odo segments.

5C2T PREFIX Displays the alpha numeric part number prefix (first 4 digits).

XXXX SUFFIX Suffix (last 2 digits of the part number are displayed as a 2-byte hexadecimal number).

Cluster Type XX Displays the end item configuration byte.

KEY IGN X Displays the key-in-ignition status.

ROMXXXX FAIL Return to normal operation of all micro-controlled lamps/LEDs and displays hexadecimal ROM level.

NR XXXX FAIL Displays the hexadecimal ROM level and type as stored in NVM.

EE XXXX FAIL Displays the hexadecimal EE level.

MN DATE XXXX Displays the hexadecimal coding of final manufacturing test date.

CF1-CF-4 XX Displays the hexadecimal coding of 1st through 4th byte on module configuration settings.

DTC XXXX Displays a 16-bit DTC in hexadecimal format. DTCs displayed are those detected in continuous operation and not during self-test.

MPH XXX.X Displays the English speed value being input. The speedometer indicates the present speed.

KPH XXX.X Displays the metric speed value being input. The speedometer indicates the present speed.

TACH XXXX Displays the tachometer value being input. The tachometer indicates the present rpm.

FUEL AD XXX Displays the present fuel level A/D input ratio in decimal. The fuel gauge indicates the present level.

FUEL PR XXX Displays the present fuel level percent status in decimal.

C TEMP XXX Displays the last temperature gauge input value from the HS
CAN in degrees C, temperature gauge indicates the present temperature.
FSC XX Displays the last received FSC message input.

ODO CNT XXX Displays the odometer input received via the HS CAN, in decimal.

OIL PR XXX Displays the last A/D reading of the oil pressure switch contact resistance.

BRKE FL XXX Displays the brake fluid level received from the switch.

PR BRKE X Displays the parking brake input.

PRNDL XX Displays the PRNDL position.

BATTERY XX.X Displays the present SBATT reading in volts.

RXX LXX VF XXXX R- RHEO (RAD counts)

L-LED output

VF- VF display output.

DOOR 1-D X Displays the input status of driver door ajar input.

DOOR2-P X Displays the input status of passenger door ajar input.

DOOR3-S X Displays the input status of sliding door ajar input.

SEATBLT X Displays the input status of safety belt switch.

CHECK ENG XX Displays the 8-bit hexadecimal value of the HS CAN service engine soon (MIL) telltale command.

PA, PB, PE, PH, PJ, PK, PL, PM, PP, PS, PY, PU, PV, PW XX Displays the 8-bit hexadecimal value of the port readings.

PADO00, PAD01, AD00, AD01, AD02, AD03, AD04, AD05, AD06, AD07, AD10, AD11, AD12, AD13, AD14, AD15, AD16, AD17 XX Displays the 8 bit hexadecimal value of the port A/D read.

SWEEP GAUGE Repeats the test cycle.

Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position to exit Instrument Cluster Dealer Test Mode.

Old 02-06-2006, 02:56 PM
EPDP99
Elder User
thats what mine does but have no idea what you said. also check gauge, water in fuel light, low fuel light dont illuminate. I also have a DTC 9060 and 9052 but dont know what they are.