Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Innovative custom tune XCAL2

Old 02-05-2006, 08:57 AM
shaggy25ss
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Innovative custom tune XCAL2

New SCT XCAL 2 with innovative custom tune on the way.Larry over @ Discount Power Parts hooked me up and gave me a SMOKIN deal.Last week I ordered a tuner and MBRP 4" exaust. Exaust got here super fast but still waiting on the SCT I was told it would take a couple of days for the tune to be programed so expecting early to mid next week.Today Im going to put the exaust on so when the tuner gets here this week Ill be ready to play.From what I understand innovative diesel just started working with the SCT so I really cant wait to see what thier doing with these tuners.Iwill give reviews after it gets here.Hope this takes care of that anchor feeling my truck has.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:14 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you know what your next mod is? Gauges! you better have gauges before you run anything more than the tow (smallest) program on that tuner. you dont want to go out and drag race your buddies on the extreme program and melt an engine.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:33 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 778 Likes on 594 Posts
Exactly, If you do some digging you'll be able to find pictures of cracked piston crowns.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:37 AM
shaggy25ss
Junior User
Already got guages and really looking foward to to seeing the new performace the truck will have.OOOH the anticipation.still need to do the intake yet just cant decide on which one.will that have that much of an affect on performance with the new tuner?

Old 02-05-2006, 09:48 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by shaggy25ss
Already got guages and really looking foward to to seeing the new performace the truck will have.OOOH the anticipation.still need to do the intake yet just cant decide on which one.will that have that much of an affect on performance with the new tuner?
good job on the gauges. for the intake, look into the "kwik filter" www.fleetfilter.com part number 46637, napa part number 6637. it is only $30 including shipping, and is one helluva nice filter.

Old 02-05-2006, 10:53 AM
G Lube
Senior User
How much would the Zoodad mod help contribute to the kwik filter? I would think both would help the intake alot.

Gary

Old 02-05-2006, 10:57 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
the Zoodad has to help. the way i did mine, there is a straight shot to the filter from the grile. if you look at the right angle, you can even see white filter element from outside. of course it is at an upward angle, to deflect away water.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:23 PM
bigdaddyTank
Elder User
The Xcalibrator2 is a nice setup, my dad has one for his 6.0 that we got from innovative. He just got 3 tunes, tow, econo, and 100hp. He really likes the tow tune, it made a nice difference pulling his 5th wheel. He puts the 100hp in every now and then and runs around hot rodding like a highschool kid. Best of all though, it reads and clears codes on my 7.3 also.

Old 02-05-2006, 08:00 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
I believe what we are shipping to Shaggy is a Street Extreme...if momery serves me right. Shaggy, You should have tracking numbers, and your expected delivery is 2-7-06. Thank you for the compliment. The Innovative tunes are second to NONE! You will be sooooo pleased...I can not wait to hear your comments. If there is anything else you need help with..you know who to call!

BTW- Eric is testing a file for truck-pulling specificly. I will running it this year in my 7.3 Excursion. Lets see what Eric can eak out of old school diesel technology...the venerable 7.3 PSD.

Larry
www.DiscountPowerParts.com
724-462-3669

Old 02-06-2006, 07:09 AM
shaggy25ss
Junior User
Well got the exaust on testerday before the game.I like the sound it sounds more like a truck.Now I think its time to deceide on which intake to go with this setup.I know most of you on the board go for the kwik filter I just dont know if I like th Idea of it just sitting under hood.Knowing its under there bouncing around just dont seem right.Has anybody had problems with the kwik filter coming loose from excess movement?

Old 02-06-2006, 11:08 AM
bigdaddyTank
Elder User
Originally Posted by shaggy25ss
Well got the exaust on testerday before the game.I like the sound it sounds more like a truck.Now I think its time to deceide on which intake to go with this setup.I know most of you on the board go for the kwik filter I just dont know if I like th Idea of it just sitting under hood.Knowing its under there bouncing around just dont seem right.Has anybody had problems with the kwik filter coming loose from excess movement?
The way I did mine (link in my signature) it doesnt move around at all. Its pretty snug. I have been running it for almost a year now and never had it come loose.

Old 02-07-2006, 10:03 PM
shaggy25ss
Junior User
Well the tuner came in early today so had alittle time to play.Of course I had to go staight for the extreme tune.1st thought man it sounds quieter at idle. went for a drive and when I punched it for the first time i watched the boost expecting maybe 22 or 23 my jaw dropped when it hit 27. But the bigger kick was when it hit 15 it was like the after burners kicked in. The temps never got over about 750 even under WOT.Of course I still need to see what this does to the mpg (or is that gpm?)and also pulling the trailer.

Old 02-08-2006, 01:39 AM
cangim
Postmaster
GPM, gotta like that

How do you think the tuner stands up next to a tipton chip?

Old 02-08-2006, 06:43 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 778 Likes on 594 Posts
Originally Posted by cangim
GPM, gotta like that

How do you think the tuner stands up next to a tipton chip?
Dyno tests anyone?

Old 02-08-2006, 07:39 AM
shaggy25ss
Junior User
Cannt really say how it stands up to a tipton chip cause I havnt run one.I do know that since running the truck yesterday Ive had perma grin since nailing the throttle to the floor, and kwik Im game for the dyno will look into it this week. Gotta give Props to diesel innovations for a great job on that tune.Today Im goig to try the street tune and see how it is.

Search this Thread