Notices

True Flow Intake Systems

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Blackscrew60
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
True Flow Intake Systems

Has anyone installed a true flow intake on 04 F150? If so,what are your reviews? I have been looking to purchase one and was ready to purchase the volant until someone told me about the true flow. Looking for good advice.

Old 02-07-2006, 11:05 PM
DiscountPowerPrt
Elder User
Well we sell both of them and I dont remember ever selling a True Flow system. The Volant really looks like it has alot more research done to it compared to the True Flow that looks like some large diameter rubber hose a few clamps and the stock box. I am not trying to discurage you from buying the True Flow, maybe it does a fine job. I dont know. The Volant is about 80 dollars more, but Its a very good quality Item. I would say its our most popular Intake for the F150's. You wont see them on our website but we carry many brands of this application. If you have any questions please call.

Old 02-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Blackscrew60
New User
Best Price Out There on the True Flow

Check out www.discountpowerparts.com. Larry has the best price put there on the web. I paid $211 and some change, I ordered it late last week and I'm waiting on it to come on so I can get it installed. I have heard nothing but good things about the True Flow sealed intake system. It uses the factory airbox. I'll give feedback once I get this baby on!

Old 02-12-2006, 12:33 PM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
I gave this gentleman MAP price with a instant rebate for being a FTE member.....I follow all the rules. Chill guys....

Larry

Old 02-13-2006, 06:41 PM
Blackscrew60
New User
What a difference the True Flow makes

Received it today and it was an easy install.........what a difference it makes over the stock. Power and good get off. After a month or so, I will add the edge programmer. I want to see exactly how it changes my ride and gas mileage before I add the edge turner. Thanks Larry!
True Flow is the way to GO!!!

Old 02-14-2006, 08:18 PM
DeckedoutF150
Posting Guru
i have a AFE stage 2 and a predator programmer and it is awesome. lots of power gain.

Old 02-15-2006, 05:38 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
I like AEM, it's a good quaity product and they now use a highflow oilless filter.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:58 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to rob the thread, but I was wondering does the volant come with a filter or does it reuse the stock filter. Also wanted to know if the filters for the volant and true flow were oiled filters?

Old 02-23-2006, 06:21 AM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
Originally Posted by slmann
Not to rob the thread, but I was wondering does the volant come with a filter or does it reuse the stock filter. Also wanted to know if the filters for the volant and true flow were oiled filters?
Volant does not use the stock filter or stock box. Volant is an oiled filter. Volant Part # 5144 fits your truck. Cleaning kit is Volant #5110
http://www.volantperformance.com/pdetail.asp?ID=52

True-Flow is an oild filter, it is a foam filter like what has been used on motocross bike for 20 years. It uses True-Flow cleaning kit 95110, It re-uses the stock box, it replaces the filter, hoses and is part number 20502.
http://www.trueflow.com/part_find.ph...004&old_engine=

Volant description from the website:

The new 5.4 liter 3 valve design means that this engine is capable of pulling through more air than the old design. The only problem is that the stock intake isn't capable of feeding it to the throttle body. Slamming in a Volant kit will greatly increase the engine's potential to make the horsepower your looking for.
Features

Volant Filter Box:Cross-link polyethylene filter box is engineered to specific design. It insulates and protects the filter from pulling hot air from the engine compartment, thus, increasing horsepower.

Volant Air Duct: Cross-link polyethylene air ducts are sculptured to give the engine a less restrictive air pass to breathe. Larger diameters, unique bends and smooth transitions gives you maximum horsepower and awesome throttle response.

Volant Ram Filter: Cleanable and reusable high grade filter media reduces air restriction and increases engine output. Precision pleat geometry optimizes airflow throughout the intake system.

VOLANT RECHARGER KIT: Air flow test have proven that cotton-gauze filters flow much more air than paper element filters do. However, when they get dirty, they can clog up and limit air flow. This is one reason why you should clean your air filter with Volant's filter cleaner kit. The kit contains Volant's filter cleaner that loosens and removes dirt trapping capabilities. Volant's filter oil contains a blue dye to easily see where the oil has saturated into the filter, eliminating the common mistake of over oiling the filter. When used correctly, Volant's filter cleaner kit can maintain the life and performance of your Volant high-flow filter and Cool Flow air intake system.

Polished Aluminum lid: Polished Aluminum Lid is our newest upgrade.Embossed polished aluminum lid with high grade neoprene foam backing.
*The old Carbon Fiber lids may still be in stock and will ship until depleted.

High Performance Silicon Connectors: High performance silicone hose connectors provides flexibility while maintains strength and thermal stability.

Stainless Steel Clamps:Marine grade clamps allows optimal performance with large operating range and available for virtually any application which requires maintainability and versatility.

Old 02-23-2006, 05:57 PM
slmann
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the info that helps out alot.

Old 02-23-2006, 10:42 PM
AZ 56 & 03
Senior User
Trkpuller:
Could you help me decide which aftermarket items would help with my problem? See my thread below. Thanks!

I have a 2003 F150 Crew Cab, 5.4 with 6600 tow package and 3.55 gears. I have a 5000 lb trailer and would like to increase power and economy to better climb the 6 & 7% hills. I’d like to know if anyone has had experience or suggestions on the following items including specific brands and increase in fuel mileage and horsepower: Headers, cool air intake, duel exhaust (is stainless really worth the extra $) and Hypertech Power Programmer or other management system. I also use the truck for a daily 100 mile comute. Thanks

Old 02-24-2006, 12:28 AM
fordtrkpuller
FTE *******
On Patricks old 01 5.4 F-250 he towed often. We went witha hypertech, CAI, and t-body spacer, colder thermostat, and an exhaust system. With all that money spent, his truck ran better, towed better...but not whole bunch better. It was more fun to drive, it was crisp...but it is not an "Oh my GOD!" change. It really did tow a bit better, but it did not make you feel that you could hang with a V-10 ora PSD by any means. What I am saying you can help your truck out for sure with everything your talking about, and headers will help alot. A typical header swap shows about 20-40 HP on a dyno, depending on how bad the manifolds were and how good the headers are. I would think before you went with a Hypertech, you may want to go with a custom SCT. Fire me a email or PM if you want to talk.