Sponsored by: DP Tuner

CPS or TPS? Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 09:18 PM
sgrol
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CPS or TPS? Help

Truck will hesitate when coming off of idle sometimes. Died once but restarted while still rolling. Does this sound like the CPS? Or, could it be the potentiometer in the gas pedal trying to open up? Don't have any experience with CPS going out. Does it misbehave first or just up and die all at once?

Old 02-01-2006, 09:35 PM
guzzle92
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your symtoms don't sound like something you would see in a bad TPS or IVS in the pedal assembly as far as the dieing with no throttle. A CPS can fail intermitantly or die totaly all at once. The thing that bothers me it that you say it only does it when starting from a dead stop or when you come to a stop on idle. A failing CPS could exhibit these symptoms but usually you will have periodic 'hiccups' while cruising with throttle feed. Have you scanned for any codes? If not, it may be a wise thing to do before you start throwing money at the problem.

Old 02-02-2006, 07:52 AM
sgrol
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have not yet checked codes. Wise advice. The only reason I thought it may be involved with the throttle is since it just occurs when it is first moved. I'll do some more checking.