Garage & Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop. No Truck Tech Discussion   

Premiere Garage

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 08:32 PM
2006HarleyF250
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Premiere Garage

Has anyone had this done to their garage or know someone that has. My fiance's ex was a slob as far as the garage is concerned and I just spent the weekend and a couple trips to the junk yard getting the garage cleaned out. I just seen an ad for these people today and I am thinking about doing this. I am trying to make room for the truck and my fiance is going to get a 06 H2 SUT so we need the room in the garage and looks like I can get quite a bit by putting stuff in cabinets instead of shelves! If anyone has had this done or knows someone who has, please let me know!

http://www.premiergarage.com/

Thanks for the input,

-Travis

Old 01-17-2006, 06:11 AM
Beast12
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thread moved to Garage and Workshop forum.

-Matt

Old 01-17-2006, 06:03 PM
ItzKwik
Junior User
Unless you don't have the time or desire to do it yourself, I wouldn't spend the money for somebody like Premier to do it. You can get most of the same stuff at Home Depot, Lowes, etc. for a fraction of the cost. There are a lot of companies now making "garage" style cabinets, workbenches, and wall units. You will probably pay three to four times as much to have someone else do it.

Old 01-17-2006, 06:54 PM
oldgoat49
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My son in law works for ICI paints and has talked to me about maybe doing the garage floor when it gets finished. The one thing he has talked about with old floors is making sure you have all of the old floor really clean. Off hand I don't know the procedure, but the next time he is over I'll try to remember to ask him or have him post it, which would probably be better. You could also go to a professional paint store and ask them. It is their business to know and they should be able to tell you what to watch out for and also have the cleaners to do it.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Redstradic
Junior User
Here is my garage. I have everything either up on the wall or in my cabinets. I just used kitchen cabinets and a pantry. Luckily I own the store so that helped out. I also put epoxy down on the garage. Just too bad my truck is about 1 foot to long to fit in the garage.
http://nissaninfiniticlub.net/photop...388BMW_006.jpg

Last edited by IB Tim; 01-27-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:13 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts
WOW that is one great garage...do me a favor please post pictures as a link, it helps all our members on dial-up...again very cool garage.

Old 01-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Redstradic
Junior User
Originally Posted by Tim Lamkin
WOW that is one great garage...do me a favor please post pictures as a link, it helps all our members on dial-up...again very cool garage.
Im sorry. Im so used to doing it on other forums its second nature now. I even read Beast's post and I completely forgot.

Thanks for the compliment.

Old 01-27-2006, 10:26 PM
SMarquez
Tuned
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
I used a company called Thegaragepeople.com. I really like the floor. You can't tell its dirty until I spill something on it or I sweep and see the mess.The cabs are really thick. I added lots of cabs on both sides of my garage The only mounting issue is 24" cabs may not screw into more than 1 stud in the wall due to 16" OC studs. Since walls aren't perfectly plumb or squar there may be some gaps if they are not shimmed. My garage can be used as another party room. My garage is 36 x 22 with a wall splitting it. It's nearly finished and I will post some before and after pics soon.

Old 01-27-2006, 11:17 PM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
I am planning on mounting a 2x8 under my cabinets securely screwed to every stud. The cabinets can then be partially supported on that. It also serves as a secure mounting surface for outlets and my airlines. Even a 1x might work. I figure tools, nuts, bolts, and parts will be a might heavier than a few pots and pans etc. I have metal cabinets to install tho.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:54 AM
SMarquez
Tuned
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Hey, good call. I didn't have any experience prior or I would have done the same. I might have "frenched" strips into my drywall to get them to sit a little flusher to the wall. They are anchored into the studs with 4" screws.You could probaby get Home Depot/ lowes to rip plywood into 4" strips for that. Some of mine are pretty heavy with MC parts and paints but no motor parts. I am a DIY guy way more than a builder.

Old 01-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Torque1st
Posting Legend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
If you used a 2xX under the cabinets to mount the electrical boxes for outlets along with providing a secure mounting point for airline down legs then a person could use 3/4" plywood strips or even 1x stock under the cabinets and on top of the drywall. That would maintain the drywall as a fire barrier and still support the cabinets very well. The 1x stock would be stiffer than plywood but would split easier.