1973 - 1979 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Dentsides Ford Truck
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

!!!!!!!!!!!!TOUGHER THAN A $2 STEAK!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2001, 06:42 PM
DantheMan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AHHHHHHHHHH- Last light my brother rolled his '77 F-350 Flatbed Dually
He called me up late last night to come get him. I thought he had turned it on it's side but when we got to it - through headlights it was sitting upside down. He had another friend with but noone was hurt, not even one scratch. He went around a hairpin turn too fast on a backroad at night because there was no sign (stupid backroads), the rear got loose slid through the ditch and it caught on the dually tire, went airboorn (not one of the huge trailer mirrors was harmed) and flipped it on it's lid. My dad got his loader tractor and we pulled it over onto the wheels. No windows were out, except the back one just tipped out (not broken though) so we fired it back up (good 'ol Holley) and I drove it back home for him (at midnight).
(HA, CAN'T DO THAT WITH A NEW TRUCK -ROLL IT AND DRIVE IT HOME)
It was alittle smokey out back from oil on the headers but that 300 I6 ran like a champ on the way home all the lights except the clearance lights and one marker worked and the Dixie horn worked great as well.(and the dome light worked too -and it never works!) Well this morning we surveyed the damage -it had squared off the rooftop and dented up the cab pillars, and put a large dent in one fender. But he needed it on the road again so I took a chain hoist and pulled the back of the roof back up (the front went unharmed), then we put the back window in and pressed the roof tight. We put clips on the rear window too just incase it should pop out. Then we took out the headliner and hammered the roof back up. So he drove it today with no problems and it lookes about the same. The only difference is there's dents on the roof,+ fender, no clearance lights, and the passenger side door opens hard, but other than that runs great.

NONE of his friends or I, can believe how tough that truck is it just takes a lickin' and keepes on tickin'
It just keeps going and going and going and going,
its tougher than a $2 steak -well you get the picture

So if any of Ya got a '77 upper cab sittin' around, let me know

Not many poeple can roll their truck and drive it over to show their friends. Just thought you guys might be interested in that incident.
:7

Old 12-08-2001, 07:26 PM
jowilker
Fleet Owner

Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Blame it on the roads with no signs, but it was close enough to home to get the tractor. First time that I ever drove the road, paw, honest.
Sounds about like the story my son had when he tore up my daddys truck.
http://www.clubfte.com/users/jowilker/USFlag.gif
John

jowilker email me
[link:www.ford-trucks.com/users/jowilker|My Club FTE Page] Member since 01 01

[link:www.ford-trucks.net/users/jowilker/NCFTE.html|NCFTO] North Carolina Ford Truck Owners Group

In the cool still quiet of night, you can hear chevies rusting away.

Old 12-08-2001, 09:15 PM
DantheMan
Senior User

It's his oun truck- and he's pay'in for it, it was a long way from my dad's with the tractor, but a tractor is way cheaper than a tow truck.
You know how them kids are, when there's more than 1 they start screwin' around.

Old 12-08-2001, 09:49 PM
Anar79
New User

Actually I do have a 78 f-250 upper cab ,well i will as soon as i cut it out. I bought a parts truck and im cutting the bottom of the cab to fix some rot on mine, but the top is also in good shape.
Ya want ?
where do you live ?

Old 12-08-2001, 10:00 PM
DantheMan
Senior User

I live in northern IL. I'll tell my brother, i'm sure he will be looking for one.
If you've got an E-mail, I'll give him the word.

Old 12-11-2001, 10:04 AM
jbhf250
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 12-11-2001, 04:19 PM
Anar79
New User

I Sent you an email.
did you get it ?