Sponsored by: DP Tuner

ATS Housing Install Q's

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 09:47 PM
yellow401
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ATS Housing Install Q's

I'm wanting to install the ats housing but I have not seen any clear instructions on how to do so. I've read that certain years require the waste gate rod to be shortened? How do you do this, or do you buy a Turbomaster wastegate controller of some kind?, and if so, where and what exactly is it?? Thanks for any help, and also any comments about the performance of the housing and wheel combo! I love turbo whistle!!

Old 12-22-2005, 07:14 AM
cleatus12r
Butt-Head
Received 1,972 Likes on 1,107 Posts
As far as modifications to the wastegate go, I'm not sure. Howevery, the combination of the WW and ATS housing isn't going to do anything for you. The ATS housing is designed to work with the factory compressor wheel. As I understand it from ATS, the factory wheel is far superior to the WW in terms of airflow. It's just the factory housing that kills the benefits. I don't think you're going to notice any difference in power or anything with the ATS housing but it should cure ALL of your surge problems.

Cody

Old 12-22-2005, 07:23 AM
HeatStroked
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
If whistle and flutter noise is what you're after, the ATS and WW is the combo.
If you are looking to eliminate the surge, just get the ATS housing only. About an hour to remove your stock housing and install the ATS.
Haven't heard about shortening the wastgeate rod with certain years.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:44 AM
alan hodges
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yellow
I have the ATS housing on my 99 psd[ late].I had to shorten the waste gate about an inch.The factory dimpils the outer sleve so it was a pain to get off. You then cut it rethread it and put it back on. You may not see any great power gain. But it will stop the flutter and it will whistle. The housing I got had a few ruff spots in it, where it came to a point. I took a file and sandpaper to smooth it out.I don't know if this helped or not. But I thought the smoother it was the better it would move air.