1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hate to say it but...I think it's time to sell.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Big Daddy J
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hate to say it but...I think it's time to sell.

Yep...I think I'm going to sell the Bronco. Kinda sucks since I've done so much to it. I'm about at the point where I'll need 2 booster seats for the kids and the 87 doesn't have rear shoulder belts to hold a booster. I know I could get a later model top with shoulder belts but I'm at a time where we can afford another car payment. I really want a Super Duty crew cab so I'll definately still be in the Ford family!!

So, when the time comes, I'll be sure post on here first in case anyone is insterested!

Jason
87 XLT

Old 12-19-2005, 03:49 PM
andym
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
This really has nothing to do with trucks, but just because you can afford something, doesn't mean you should buy it.

Old 12-19-2005, 10:39 PM
jdmorg
Posting Guru
Why not save the money, buy the later year top? Spend the rest on the kids and the truck?

Old 12-20-2005, 08:03 AM
Big Daddy J
Senior User
Believe me, I've pondered this for quite a while. I really want a truck for hauling purposes. I'm tired of asking my brother to use his truck when I need to haul something...which turns out to be more and more lately. And the four doors will make it much easier for the kids to get in and out. I've weighed all the pros and cons for my situation and it's time for someone else to take over where I've left off with the Bronco. It sure won't be easy to sell it I'll tell ya that!

Old 12-20-2005, 02:30 PM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So you can't afford one more car payment so you're going to settle for sixty more? I made the same conculsion once and it almost brought me to bankruptcy. I know the new truck is pretty and would solve alot but my advice would be keep your truck and put a newer top on it like you said and get a trailer. It might be easier to get the kids in and out of a four-door truck but if you can't afford to use the truck that would suck even more.
You could even make a trailer out of a wecked '87 pickup and paint it the same as your Bronco, wouldn't that be cool.

Old 12-20-2005, 02:55 PM
Big Daddy J
Senior User
I didn't say anything about not being able to afford another car payment. It's not really a money thing, I'm just getting tired of all the little things that are starting to go wrong with the Bronco. I've held on to the Bronco this long because of how fun it is and how good of shape it's in. A week doesn't go by when someone doesn't tell me how nice it is. I will miss taking that top off on the first warm day of spring!!

Old 12-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry I misread your first statement.