Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Bottom Line is buy American

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 01:52 AM
ford_truck_man
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Bottom Line is buy American

hi,
I build seats for the Chevy Malibu, but i bleed FORD Blue.The reason is that every one's buying toyota,honda,hyandai,and kia.Are most of us from America so why are buying this B.S. Were have we lost our loyalty to were we live?I know that this other B.S. is cheaper but is it right for you or us as a whole.I had a chance to buy a brand new kia sportage or a Ford focus for the same price.The kia was 4 wheel drive but we all know that as long as the snow isn't over the front bumper the front wheel drive will go.I live in KCMO and we just had 10in of snow and I had know prob.Is cheaper better I think not in my eyes?Why is the BIG THREE having problems?We are buying B.S.I am a NASCAR Fan of course and they have let a Toyota race trucks that is B.S.Would I rather support a company that was born here or a company that is sliding its way in to take advantage of us?On top of that they are looking into joining the Nextel Cup with a toyota car.What have we done to us?IS CHEAPER BETTER?I would like a cheaper vehicle but is it worth it?I THINK NOT!!!!
SORRY IF I MADE ANYONE MAD.BUT IT IS FREEDOM OF SPEACH
BUT I DO BLEED RED,WHITE,AND BLUE

CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-18-2005, 10:49 AM
Flash
Posting Guru
Big three? Since when did Daimler become an American company? There are only 2 American car manufacturers anymore and they are both in financial trouble. Why? Because they build crap. Oh yeah, I can say my 04 SCrew is reliable. But try looking thru the distorted windshield, try getting cool air out of the A/C on a hot day, try not having the brakes surge, try having the transmission not clunk, and the list is endless. And yes it has been back to the dealer and to other dealers and it's my POS- live with it. Personally, I have the same feeling about Ford and GM as they have about my vehicles that I have bought from them- it's your freakin' problem, I could care less. My next one will definetly not be American, I've been screwed enough by my "brothers".

Old 12-18-2005, 10:58 AM
DT 466Man
Posting Guru
righton is all i am gonna say. you and me think too much alike.

don't see japs buyin american often.

DT

Old 12-18-2005, 11:37 AM
RickF350
Senior User
Well, I'm a fan of the rotary engine,RX-7 and RX-8 so my only choice is to buy from Mazda. However, since Ford owns a third of Mazda I don't feel too bad about it.

Old 12-18-2005, 12:06 PM
dodgeny
Senior User
i work very hard for my money. i will buy the best product i can for that money. whether that is a nissan built in tennessee, a toyota built in california or a ford built in canada,etc. it is getting hard to buy an "american vehicle" since alot of parts on that vehicle are made elsewhere!! like brazil, canada, or mexico!

Old 12-18-2005, 12:10 PM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cheap ?? Man, I wish I had known THAT before I paid a kings ransom for my cheap Toyota Tacoma,

Kiddin, but I do see your point. But , we cannot go back to the brand loyal sixties and today it is a global economy. I see more foreign vehicles driving beside me on the road nowadays , than domestic. So to me, a lot of people aint listening when people tell them to not buy those danged "cheap" japanese vehicles....

Old 12-18-2005, 12:12 PM
seventyseven250
Lead Driver
Received 441 Likes on 323 Posts
I can't understand why you would care if Toyota was racing next to the "big three." If they are as crappy as you say, then they'll lose every race and you won't have to worry. Unless you think they might win a few . . .

Old 12-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Mark Wenner
Senior User
I agree with dodgeny, buy the best product for your needs. If it happens to be made in America, so much the better. But I'm not going to subsidize American manufacturers by buying crap - it they can make crap and sell it, they'll only continue to make more crap. Let the marketplace decide the winners and losers. Besides that, as has also been noted, it's hard to find any vehicle that's truly domestic, anyway.

Old 12-18-2005, 03:01 PM
AlfredB1979
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by DT 466Man

don't see japs buyin american often.

DT

You are right more than you wanted to be.

The US makes don't make anything the Japanese want, either. Duallies and Excursions don't fit thru Tokyo's streets all that well.

The aforementioned vehicles don't fit in the US buyer's rationale right now, either. Then again, the POS aluminum valve body in my Camaro's slushbox is pretty much in every GM 4L60E around, so that's encouraging. Progress at its finest.

Granted, I don't buy new vehicles ever, thanks to lousy stealerships, but we've already uncovered how GM profits go into building Chinese plants (Chinese folks - okay, Chinese gubbermint = lame) many times over....so let's kill this bloody pulp of a horse already. Believe what you want, try to force your uninformed beliefs on others, but your beliefs don't change REALITY.

Buy what you want to buy. Whether it puts food on a Korean's table, Mexican's table, or an American's table (which seems to be more trending towards buying Nissan, Toyota, or Honda these days...whether you like it or not).

Old 12-18-2005, 04:48 PM
DucatiSSsp
Freshman User
It's greed and expenses that's killing american made products.
Health care
Lawyers
Unions
Government(or Wastemanagelessment)
In 50 years, probably less, the US will look like Russia...Either your rich or not!
Just traded my 03 f250psd for a GMC Sierra 1500. Didn't even look at F150's as I felt Ford built a truck that was not up to standards due to cheap electrical parts(sensors) and not enough R&D on the 6.0 PSD.
Why give them my money again?
Buy American?..........It's hard to find much that is built or manufactured here anymore?
Happy Holidays
Now go buy your christmas decorations that are made in a communist country and made buy non christians!
Ironic or not?...You decide!
Bryce

Old 12-18-2005, 05:10 PM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ducatti, the US will not look a think like Russia in 50 years. Russia's goverment fell because it was flawed. Ours is flawed to a point too, but not so badly it can't turn around. We need to start by deporting those who don't support themselves. Send them to a third world country for a month, then they'll see how well they were.

Old 12-18-2005, 05:35 PM
OSin86
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by ford_truck_man
hi,
I build seats for the Chevy Malibu, but i bleed FORD Blue.The reason is that every one's buying toyota,honda,hyandai,and kia.Are most of us from America so why are buying this B.S. Were have we lost our loyalty to were we live?I know that this other B.S. is cheaper but is it right for you or us as a whole.I had a chance to buy a brand new kia sportage or a Ford focus for the same price.The kia was 4 wheel drive but we all know that as long as the snow isn't over the front bumper the front wheel drive will go.I live in KCMO and we just had 10in of snow and I had know prob.Is cheaper better I think not in my eyes?Why is the BIG THREE having problems?We are buying B.S.I am a NASCAR Fan of course and they have let a Toyota race trucks that is B.S.Would I rather support a company that was born here or a company that is sliding its way in to take advantage of us?On top of that they are looking into joining the Nextel Cup with a toyota car.What have we done to us?IS CHEAPER BETTER?I would like a cheaper vehicle but is it worth it?I THINK NOT!!!!
SORRY IF I MADE ANYONE MAD.BUT IT IS FREEDOM OF SPEACH
BUT I DO BLEED RED,WHITE,AND BLUE

CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's really hard to take you serious. Like said before the "big three" is no longer. If you want to get technical the new big three would include Toyota. Now if Toyota was cheaper I would really feel dumb for getting a Colorado. Toyota is pretty expensive; all good foreign autos are expensive. I got my Colorado 6K cheaper then an equally out fitted Tacoma. Believe me, I would have rather got the Tacoma. Now the only "cheap" foreign car here now is KIA / Hyundai and even they're getting better (still not on my list).

It's a global market and it seems you almost have a better chance buying a "foreign" car that was build by American UAW workers then a "domestic". If Toyota can break into NASCAR then that's all the better. Competition is good and this "loyal" attitude has made American autos weak. Buy what is good and fits in your budget whether it's a Ford or a Honda. The better company will survive by it’s support.

Old 12-18-2005, 05:44 PM
ford_truck_man
Senior User
I feel the same yeah

Old 12-18-2005, 06:49 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Remember guys - keep it technical related and NOT political.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:39 PM
osbornk
Postmaster
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979
You are right more than you wanted to be.

The US makes don't make anything the Japanese want, either.
I could have sworn that there is a hugh market for Harleys in Japan.