Iowa Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Thinking about selling my 69

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 07:45 AM
fordloverf2501970
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i sold mine on ebay in less then one day, i had a buy it now option for 1000 bucks, i needed money fast so i sold it cheap. i lost a great deal of money, the engine alone had almost twice that in it. not counting the grill, the new tires, alum rims and complete new exhaust and all the rewiring i did. Plus it had very little rust. Shame what happens when money is needed. I will never sell my harley though. Well unless my new twins need something life threating. i still look for my truck everytime i pass thru maquota iowa. wouldnt mine seeing it one more time

Old 12-30-2005, 09:18 AM
69 and 85
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
y, I did remember that, but didn't really want to post too much about your personal business.

It looked like a nice truck and I even sent all the info home to my wife just to see if she'd say "Buy it!" but she never mentioned it. I knew it was a good deal, but buying it would have taken away from my family... ironically the reason you were selling and I knew that it would be wrong for me to buy it.

LOL since that time instead of buying any trucks, I have sold off parts and taken in a 17 year old who was in need. My wife and I are now her legal guardian, so in addition to my large family, now have 11 living in our house.

Family is #1 - Fordlover, the nice thing is you still have the memory of the good deeds you did to keep a good truck alive and there will be a time when it is right to get another.

Now... your statement about the Harley - ya, I have to go with you on that as well. I'd keep a bike over a truck (sorry guys) unless I had to have the truck for hauling family, etc.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:46 AM
michaelbrainardatwor
More Turbo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 69 and 85
I thought that looked like a pretty nice truck.... bidding ended at $755 with reserve not met.

I find it kind of odd that ppl can spend 40K on a new truck and then to see this. I know it's a different market, but I would love to have a couple of sweet old rides modified to my liking for saftey and convienence and put about 30K IN THE BANK!
That is why I have a 77 to do my dirty work!

Old 01-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Sam_Fear
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 69 and 85

Now... your statement about the Harley - ya, I have to go with you on that as well. I'd keep a bike over a truck (sorry guys) unless I had to have the truck for hauling family, etc.
I told myself several accidents and years ago that I would get a Harley when I got responsible enough not to kill myself instantly - 38 and still waiting. I figure maybe by 45 I won't scare myself anymore.

I'd rather have a classic vehicle than a 5 year old aerodynamic bubble car in the same shape - they cost about the same. My conscience might hold me back using a good condition classic as a DD though.