Sponsored by:

Flowmaster location...

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 09:38 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flowmaster location...

Hey fellas, was wondering what yall thought about me cutting the pipe back on the extension on my bassani setup. The flowmaster fits perfectly beside the t-case and gets protected by the skid plate and its got plenty of clearence from the frame and body.
My question is having the muffler so close to the y-pipe a problem or is it fine.

Old 12-10-2005, 09:56 PM
JetBlackBronco
Senior User
well yea it should be fine, as long as you sheild the T-case from the heat, the cat that wouldve been there had a heat shield on it, and the t-case itself should too. but why make things more complicated than they need to be, the muffler should fit just behind the t-case, between the frame and the driveshaft, thats where the stock one was located. i have the flowmaster system, and that is where the muffler sits, and that way you dont need to worry about overheating the fluid in the T-case

just my $.02

Old 12-10-2005, 10:18 PM
BroncoRoadKill
Posting Guru
Well the t-case has a big heatsheild on it already, and with the muffler there it is far enough forward that I can a 45 straight in front of the rear tire.
I think I might do and just clamp the whole system before I weld it so I know I like it, if not then I can just redo it.

Last edited by BroncoRoadKill; 12-10-2005 at 10:20 PM.