Sponsored by:

Camber Messed Up

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:57 PM
nelly781
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camber Messed Up

I just put on a 4" lift on my 88 bronco. When I was finished, the camber looked fine nothing looked funny. i went and got an alignment done because i had just put the lift on, and everything was fine. But now all of a sudden, the camber is all messed up and i hadnt hit any bumps or anything. I have also replaced the ball joints about a year ago so those should be fine. but both of my tires are leaning inward really bad, even more worse then when my ball joints were bad. anyone got any ideas?

Old 12-07-2005, 09:43 PM
bossind
Elder User
That interesting, ussally they are tilted outwards after a lift. What kit did you use?

Old 12-07-2005, 11:11 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Inwards? Outwards? At the top or the bottom? Do they look like this / \ or like this \ /? Axle pivot bushings will also affect camber if they are worn badly.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:07 PM
nelly781
Senior User
camber messed up

I used a superlift kit with the drop down radius arm brackets, i wanted the longer radius arms, but short on $$.

and for greystreak, they look like /----\ . but then i move it into the garage to work on it and now it looks like this: I----\ weird it'nt it?

Old 12-09-2005, 12:33 AM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The radius arm brackets aren't gonna be the concern so much here as the drop brackets and bushings for the two halves of the axle assembly. So you have too much negative camber. Either the springs are short, the axle drop brackets are long, or the springs have "settled". How long have the springs in question been under the truck? Did you use Superlift springs in conjunction with their lift? (I only ask because some people like to mix and match lift components). It honestly sounds like you are looking at a pair of front coils that have settled badly on you.

For the record, every E-sereis and F-series truck I have EVER driven has had the appearance of being way off camber after short reversing maneuvers especially if the truck is on unlevel ground when doing so. Every time I backed either my 92 or now my 93 into a parking space, the camber looks stupidly off and I know there is nothing wrong with the front end.

Old 12-09-2005, 06:52 AM
bossind
Elder User
What hole did you use in the drop down bracket? The first one (closes to the frame) is for a 4" lift the one (closes to the ground) is for a 6" lift.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:24 PM
nelly781
Senior User
camber messed up

i used the top hole, i also used the spring that superlift sent me. the coils are new. i installed the lift around thanksgiving. maybe they did settle on me, i dunno. so should i try to fix the camber my self or what? and whats the deal with using spacers to adjust the camber, bc one shop told me that thats what u have to do in order to fix the camber. and thats expensive. but then ive taken my truck other places and only charged me 70 bucks and theyve done it all! i dont get it. do our broncos need those spacers?

greystreak-- ive noticed the same thing with my truck too, even though i know they are fine, but this is really bad looking.

thanks for yalls help

Old 12-09-2005, 03:17 PM
SRD4X4
Posting Guru
Just want to add one more thing to what's already been said,Too much toe-in or out will give the same impression ,(as Greystreak stated)I can back-up my '90 250,'92 Bronco,and '75 F-100 next to each other and all 3 look different,but all 3 are set about the same as far as the alignment goes.IMO the springs have sagged which changes camber,when camber changes,so does the toe.