1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Kudos to all

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:47 PM
j gibbs
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Kudos to all

I know I'm not the most frequent visitor to this site. Actually I check it out often, but just don't post daily.

We often read how the group is friendly for a forum and very helpful. Well I would like to add CLEAN to the list of positive adjectives.

I have visited other forums that are down right crude. They are automotive forums, but people have vulgar avatars, signatures and all-around language.

I know our moderators deserve some credit, but everyone who participates on this site has made the decision to make this a quality community.

to quote The Cheat Comandos, "Rock, Rock on"

Old 12-07-2005, 09:23 PM
53fatfndr
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is a great site. Lot's of great info too. I'll go for a couple weeks and not post. But, lately, I've been finding myself in here quite a bit.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:40 PM
hotrod48
Elder User
It's a great site! Keep up the good work guys.

hotrod48

Old 12-07-2005, 09:42 PM
LEckart
Posting Guru
I would say the people here are more tolerant, less judgemental, less condensending, and much more friendly and helpful than any site I have visited. And yes, any one including children can read the posts without seeing the foul language found most other places. All in all I would say this site is a cut above the rest. Kudos to the members and the moderators. I appreciate FTE!

Old 12-08-2005, 12:49 AM
tacson
Cargo Master

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts
This site is a wonderful get away for me. I work 2nd shift and don't get home until 3:30 am most mornings. Right after getting some Kool-Aid, I don't drink, I motor up stairs to see if someone has posted something of interest. The language here is excellent. Nobody knocks nobody for what they have or don't have. Everyone will help the next person. I helped Brian B locate a desirable truck after talking to him in the Saturday night chat. Just today Larry (LEckart) called one of my club members here in Nashville to ask about the Vette Front clip install. What a wonderful world FTE is.

Old 12-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Brian_B
Postmaster
I completely agree. I have been on many sites over the years (with different vehicles), but this one made me feel right at home from the first day. I didn't even have a truck yet.

They offered tons of helpful advice as to what to look for. In fact, Tacson even found my truck for me. Right now I am more of a pest asking lots of questions, but I hope to pass on what I learn to the next group.

Keep up the good work everyone! I know my gratitude goes out to one and all.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:02 AM
54 gene
Senior User
Awesome site keep on trucking.

Old 12-08-2005, 07:55 AM
CA55F100
Tuned
I agree.

One of the reasons my wife is not very supportive of my hobby is the people she sees that are part of it. She thinks the parading of women in swimsuits, as well as alchohol should not be part of the car scene. She has also seen some of the scum that happen to also enjoy our hobby, and make a nice family car show trip turn into a "Daddy, what was that?" trip that requires us to explain what words they shouldn't be speaking and how stupid it is to drink too much.

You guys are the people I tell her about. You love your rides, and love helping others with their project in a kind, thoughtfull way.

Keep it up!!!

Old 12-08-2005, 08:46 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
j gibbs,
I couln't agree more!! I have perused similar sites and still drop in on them occasionally, but none of them can compare to the friendly and pleasant atmosphere of this site.

A big thanks to our moderators and to all of you!!
Bobby

Old 12-08-2005, 09:38 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That's why I keep coming back. This a great site with classy people. The few that come here and get their nose out of joint because of someone else's opinion don't usually stick around long...and that's okay with me

Vern

Old 12-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Ditto to all that has been said. I've never been much of an internet junkie and haven't ever visited other forum sites. I was a full year and a half into my 56 project when I found this site. From the first day, I felt welcome and was getting help and insights that I hadn't found anywhere else. I have met some outstanding friends, some of them in person. The discussions are always civil and humerous. My philosophy since has been to pass it forward.

Like BrianB, when I first joined this crew, I was just full of questions. I was afraid of asking stupid questions. But I was never intimidated or put down. Rather, I was encouraged. As I learned and tried things, I found that I sometimes could help others here.

The 48-60 crowd seem to even be unique among the various Ford Truck Forums. I look forward to visiting everyday. Thanks all.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:46 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
I went to the hamb site a couple times and was turned off by their snobbishness. Everyone here has been great and should be commended for it. I've been dropping in time to time with some questions/answers in the 73-79 forums, but since getting a 48 f1, I've been on this section since, with many questions to be asked in the near future. And have so far been felt welcome. Also, with winter here, I'll be here nearly everyday to pass on the good humor, in between putting another log on the fire.

Old 12-08-2005, 02:00 PM
svooom
Senior User
I couldn't agree with you guys more. I recently signed up to an air/hydraulic suspension forum to get info on my air ride plumbing and was astonished at the language that these people took the time to type. I can see slipping in a bad word or two in general conversation but to consciously type it in, now that's ridiculous.

I'll stick to the G rated posts on this site. Keep up the good work!

Old 12-08-2005, 03:40 PM
sierraben
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This site is addicting, isn't it?

Old 12-08-2005, 03:52 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
indeed it is

Quick Reply: Kudos to all