1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Under dash covers

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 06:43 AM
jomes
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Under dash covers

Hey guys I have been looking at the magazines and on the net. I am seeing a lot of people putting a cover under there dash on the drivers side and even sometimes on the passenger side to hide the wires that are there. Is there a place making these or how do you make them so that they can still access the wires in case you half to. Andy

Old 11-25-2005, 09:08 AM
48' fordster
Elder User
I don't know of any place that makes them but I think it would be easy to just make one out off sheet and then make some brackets and screw it into the fire wall then to remove just unscrew.

Old 11-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Christopher2
Posting Guru
I am not sure how many people are aware of this. Those under dash covers on newer vehicles are there for a safety reason hiding the wiring is just a bonus. Your knees hit the covers keep you from sliding down into the floorbaord and keep you in place so a seat belt and airbag can do its job. People complain about a cars damage after a wreck becuase it is almost totaled or it totaled. What I tell people is that you just survived a 55 mph crash head on with little to no injuries the car did it's job as a safety device. Unlike older cars which would survive a 30 mph crash but the occupant would not.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:34 PM
PRO49FORD
Senior User
No limit has covers for under your dash www nolimit.net