N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

72 F250 needs good home

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 12:03 PM
grnburg
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
72 F250 needs good home

It also needs an engine loom and starter. Otherwise its a complete truck and I need to let it go to the BEST OFFER. Original paint in good shape, gas 360cid w/ rv cam and Thorley headers (double nickel plate), excellent condition original dash w/ cover and bench, Storage shelf/speaker mounts across cab ceiling w/ map lights, AM/fm cass, 4spd granny trans, all stock except for engine mods.
Its been parked for 3yrs since the starter solenoid cooked the engine electrics.
I hate to say, but I didn't drain oil or carb; I thought I would get right to it. Now I have an 86 deisel F350 and can admit I won't get back to "Old Blue".

Old 11-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by grnburg
It also needs an engine loom and starter. Otherwise its a complete truck and I need to let it go to the BEST OFFER. Original paint in good shape, gas 360cid w/ rv cam and Thorley headers (double nickel plate), excellent condition original dash w/ cover and bench, Storage shelf/speaker mounts across cab ceiling w/ map lights, AM/fm cass, 4spd granny trans, all stock except for engine mods.
Its been parked for 3yrs since the starter solenoid cooked the engine electrics.
I hate to say, but I didn't drain oil or carb; I thought I would get right to it. Now I have an 86 deisel F350 and can admit I won't get back to "Old Blue".
Where is the Truck?

Bdox

Old 11-28-2005, 08:09 AM
grnburg
Freshman User
Its in Somerset right now. I plan to bring it to Davis to clean it up, get some things out of the bed and take the rear bumper for my current truck. That will probably be just after Christmas.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by grnburg
Its in Somerset right now. I plan to bring it to Davis to clean it up, get some things out of the bed and take the rear bumper for my current truck. That will probably be just after Christmas.
Good. What is the configuration? Cab, bed, wheelbase, tanks, axels?

Old 11-28-2005, 11:27 AM
grnburg
Freshman User
Standard cab, Long bed, 2wd, tanks: 19 gal behind seat, (2) 25 gal. saddle tanks (rt tank has bad gas) tanks need new sending units, have locking access doors. Wheel base is standard, axels and more specific info I would have to look at the tag on the truck. I am supposedly the third owner, 1st hauled a large camper, 2nd pulled a 5th wheel, I used it landscaping. The guy I bought it from said his buddies at Aerojet did the machining for the engine rebuild done at 42,000 on the speedo, I believe it is at 98,000 now. Nonop'ed in 2001 CADMV

Old 11-29-2005, 07:50 PM
smiller4597
Senior User
I need a senior high school project for my son. If it is still in sommerset I will drive down and take a look. Let me know. I am looking for a clean straight body and fair interior. the project could be converting to 4x4 and engine rebuild, or electrical rewire. this would be good!

Old 11-30-2005, 02:29 AM
grnburg
Freshman User
This truck has a fair body and clean interior, there is a crease in the driver's side quater panel. I will post pics when I get it down here. It would be an ideal project for a rewire; it had all kinds of aftermarket do-dads added on and taken off later, I believe I counted 7 different ways, including the fifth wheel hitch location, to hook-up trailer electrics. It also has the radio, add on temp, oil & charge guages, had: cb, 8 trak, intercom to trailer, cd player, cruise control, fog lights, air horn... Looking the truck over will have to wait until I get it to Davis. It's on my father-in-law's property and he won't take kindly to strangers poking around.