Notices
1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help

Old 11-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Infamous
New User
Infamous is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool Help

I Have an 89 Bronco with a six cyclinder and for some reason the truck just dose'nt start when you turn the key, But if you leave the key in the run postion and jump out the stater relay it starts right ups. i can't seem to figure it out whats wrong. I've changed the starter, stater relay, battery,battery termals and wirers, ignition switch, and the lock cylinder. This is really becoming a pain and i'm tired of guessing . Anybody got any ideas

Thanks

Last edited by Infamous; 11-08-2005 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Centurionclassic
New User
Centurionclassic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check our points, that may be the problem.

Old 11-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Infamous
New User
Infamous is starting off with a positive reputation.
You Dont Think It Could Be The Coil

Old 11-08-2005, 09:46 PM
TakeEm
Freshman User
TakeEm is starting off with a positive reputation.
Edited, disregard.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:03 PM
greystreak92
Post Fiend
greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.
When you turn the key to the "start" position, does the RED/LT.BLUE wire running to the start solenoid have battery voltage between it and ground?

Sounds like it probably doesn't. Set the parking brake and put the truck in Neutral. Does it start in Neutral? If not, the problem then moves up the electrical circuitry to the MLPS (Manual Lever Position Sensor) if you have an E4OD tranny or the Neutral Safety switch if its an AOD or the clutch interlock switch if its a manual transmission.

Check for voltage at that wire (you will need to enlist someone's help) while the key is held in the "Start" position. If there is no voltage present check back through the wiring to the component that your truck has... the transmission type will determine what component you are looking for and where you look. A service manual with a wiring diagram helps in these situations. (i.e. Haynes, Chiltons, Ford)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.