6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Fuel Diesel Secret Energy

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 07:29 PM
2006 PSDamarillo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Diesel Secret Energy

has anyone tryed this it is different than bio diesel
it is a additive added to the tank and they say you do not have to have two fuel tanks to use vegetable oil also you do not need the heater and all the other stuff any help from you all would be great
heres there web site
http://www.dieselsecret.com/

Last edited by 2006 PSDamarillo; 10-15-2005 at 07:36 PM. Reason: need to add
Old 10-17-2005, 07:26 PM
tiredlr
Senior User
Very Interesting Topic. Hopefully Someone With Some Experience With This Will Chime In. I'ld Be One Happy Diesel Owner If I Could Make My Fuel For $.46/gallon, Knowing It Would Perform As Well And Not Harm The Engine Or Fuel System:-x06

Old 10-18-2005, 09:39 AM
LOOnatic
More Turbo
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm gonna say its NOT a good idea on the 6.0.
Its basically unfined biodiesel which is okay on older diesels but problamatic on the newer trucks.
My friend has a cummins and he ran straight veggie oil in his truck. He bought a kit from greasel.com which was a collection\storage tank in the bed, inline filters to filter the WVO(waste veggie oil) and running the oil unfined means you have extra triglcerides floating around and this caused him injector and fuel pump issues.
WVO is dirty fry oil and thick. 6.0 injectors are NOT cheap so keep that in mind.
This is about the same concept as the idea posted above.
He now has a homemade still and collects the WVO like he used to but mixes in methanol and lye to make refined biodiesel which i have run in my 6.0 with no issues.
His cost is around .70 a gallon.

So yes messing with methanol is dangerous but in the end he felt as if the superior product was worth the risk.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:29 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want cheap AND reliable you are better off finding a good source of pure crude, and mixing with 10% ethanol or methanol....just don't let the EPA catch you

Makes WICKED power too

Old 10-18-2005, 07:21 PM
tinytrixie
Senior User
I find it pretty odd that no one except the people they have in their testimonials have tried it. As a general if it sounds too good to be true it probably is! I looked around & no one here has tried it or knows anyone+I checked other diesel boards & found the same thing, so I am going to chalk it up to the scam artists. These things always come up when there is any kind of crisis.

Old 10-18-2005, 08:20 PM
OMCUSNR
Senior User
Originally Posted by PSD 60L Fx4
If you want cheap AND reliable you are better off finding a good source of pure crude, and mixing with 10% ethanol or methanol....just don't let the EPA catch you

Makes WICKED power too
Don't use that mix in a 6.0. You'll have a non-warrenty toasted engine in short order. Please read the diesel supplemnent. Alcohol in any form in a modern high pressure injector system will destroy it in short order.

As to the diesel secret stuff - I'd not use it.. It is not biodiesel, its mostly Waste Veggie oil. And yes there is a difference between BIODIESEL & what people call biodiesel. Please go to www.biodieselnow.com for accurate info on biodiesel.

Old 10-18-2005, 08:31 PM
dosdovi
Junior User
From what I have researched today, the stuff is a blend of a lot of things, unleaded gas to be one of them. Its also got some other stuff which I will post the links up to the msds when I find that link.

From what I've heard... I cant tell you whether its good or not. I can tell you it will not run exactly like pure bio. But it does work. Long mileage tests are not in yet, so I cant tell you how reliable it is, but things are lookin up. So thats what I've seen so far.

EDIT:heres a bunch of thought provoking information http://forums.biodieselnow.com/topic...26&whichpage=3

I plan on using this stuff in my 7.3 in maybe a 50-50 mix, also I dont want to use the DSE stuff, I will use one of the alternatives that will indubitably be cheaper.

Last edited by dosdovi; 10-18-2005 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:41 PM
SpartanDieselTech
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OMCUSNR
Don't use that mix in a 6.0. You'll have a non-warrenty toasted engine in short order. Please read the diesel supplemnent. Alcohol in any form in a modern high pressure injector system will destroy it in short order.

As to the diesel secret stuff - I'd not use it.. It is not biodiesel, its mostly Waste Veggie oil. And yes there is a difference between BIODIESEL & what people call biodiesel. Please go to www.biodieselnow.com for accurate info on biodiesel.
Alcohol will typically destroy the injection system due to corrosion and lack of lubrication. Lubrication is taken care of by the crude oil, so that isn't an issue, but prolonged use of it will corrode the system.

I was being slightly sarcastic when I posed this, but that is a real formula for a diesel substitute for use when racing or pulling. When headed down the track or in front of a sled it is a lethal weapon.

Old 10-20-2005, 10:04 PM
OMCUSNR
Senior User
Lightbulb

Alcohol will typically destroy the injection system due to corrosion and lack of lubrication. Lubrication is taken care of by the crude oil, so that isn't an issue, but prolonged use of it will corrode the system.
The major problem w/ alcohol in a high pressure system is the fact that it is hydroscopic. As it attracts water in the fuel to itself, it presents that water to the injector system, which, at high pressure & temp, turns it into steam. The steam will blow the injector tip apart in very short order.

For drag racing, this may not be an issue , as you expect to rebuild the engine many times. For day to day use & longevity. any alcohol found in the fuel will cause a warrenty repair denial in very short order.