General Automotive Discussion

TRUCKS the show

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 07:59 PM
ghunt
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like Trucks, I'm just getting tired of seeing 4 weeks of new shows followed by 3 months of reruns.

Also, stacy laughs way too much. I wonder why they got rid of Mel Fair (the guy that was with him when the show first started)?

Old 10-15-2005, 10:21 PM
85 F-350CrewCab
Senior User
Originally Posted by Greg 79 f150
I agree , neat show, but it is for entertainment , and a show that sells high dollar products. I know why they do their show that way, but wouldnt it be nice if they featured REALISTIC rebuilds like the average diyer can afford to do to their old Ford truck ? I may be out of smoke here, but if a person had the $50 - 75K to build those projects like they build on Trucks, they would just write a check to a custom shop and let them to do it for them anyway. jmo course
well ive got over 25k in my custom car and havent even touched paint or interior yet, and have done all the work myself, i enjoy the fabrication and pride involded in building my own car

i also am a big fan of trucks, when i get a chance to be home on a weekend and watch it

Old 10-16-2005, 04:12 AM
NickFordMan
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRUCKS is an awesome show. I love watching him beat the crap out of his projects. I want to see him beat on that old Dodge Military truck with the huge tires, and the 440.

Old 10-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
Originally Posted by 85 F-350CrewCab
well ive got over 25k in my custom car and havent even touched paint or interior yet, and have done all the work myself, i enjoy the fabrication and pride involded in building my own car

i also am a big fan of trucks, when i get a chance to be home on a weekend and watch it

Kudos to you for that custom ! I do not have the talent , manual skills, space , tools, vision nor spare time and money to build my own custom. I am sure you will take great pride and satisfaction in it when it is done !....

Although, I did do my restore on my 79 Ford truck myself, just a clean up job, did the paint myself, on and on. After spending five years of my free time and $19,000.00 on that restore, my feelings now are, I would rather run thru Hades with gasoline drawers on , than touch another restore. So, ....

Here is a theoretical question for all, just for a brain tickler if nothing else... (also trying to clarify my viewpoint about why people that could afford Trucks $$$$ parts, might just let some one else build their custom for them ) ......

Lets say a person has $75,000 given to them ( or their income allows them that luxury like Jay L. has ) to buy or build a custom vehicle, no strings attached, free money. Would one rather go to Stacy and give him 75K to build their custom per their own specs/plans ?? ....

OR, spend the free time in their life wrenching in grease, dirt,welding smoke and paint dust , rather than going to car shows with their custom, being on the golf course, a getaway on the lake, snow ski resort, hiking/camping in the woods ? Basically, not giving up 5- 8 years of their lifetime to a metallic art piece ? I am sure it is all up to the individuals aspirations, as to what they want to do with their free time.

I KNOW my answer to this one already,

Old 10-16-2005, 08:00 AM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Greg 79 f150

Here is a theoretical question for all, just for a brain tickler if nothing else... (also trying to clarify my viewpoint about why people that could afford Trucks $$$$ parts, might just let some one else build their custom for them ) ......

Lets say a person has $75,000 given to them ( or their income allows them that luxury like Jay L. has ) to buy or build a custom vehicle, no strings attached, free money. Would one rather go to Stacy and give him 75K to build their custom per their own specs/plans ?? ....

OR, spend the free time in their life wrenching in grease, dirt,welding smoke and paint dust , rather than going to car shows with their custom, being on the golf course, a getaway on the lake, snow ski resort, hiking/camping in the woods ? Basically, not giving up 5- 8 years of their lifetime to a metallic art piece ? I am sure it is all up to the individuals aspirations, as to what they want to do with their free time.

I KNOW my answer to this one already,

75Gs. . . .Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. . . .
I'll stick to my stock little Red Ranger and spend most of that $75,000 on a piece of land that would increase in value, instead of something that WILL cost me more $$$ in gas and depreciate in value.

Greg - Are you saying that you are gonna give away $75,000 to someone?

Keith

Last edited by 00BlueOvalRanger; 10-16-2005 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:06 AM
Greg 79 f150
Postmaster
Nope Keith, not me , I am with you, a found 75K is to be invested only. But there are those in Hollyweird, rappers, pro atheletes, that drop a 100K on a custom like it was just a nice dinner to pay for.

Old 10-16-2005, 08:06 AM
captchas
i to love the 2 shows, but watch it more to see diannica who i have met in person ahwwwwww is she hot

Old 10-16-2005, 10:23 AM
whowey
Senior User
Originally Posted by captchas
i to love the 2 shows, but watch it more to see diannica who i have met in person ahwwwwww is she hot
The less I see of that wench the better.

I live in the area where she grew older(I specifically chose older rather than up).

We had a local sports talk show hosted by a LONG time employee of that station. He was well known for his local sports saavy and knowledge. A personal phone call from him, was usually all that was needed to set up an interview with athletes from our area.

He had a series of interviews with Ms. Patrick, and she showed that she was really not much of an interview. She was extremely disconnected during the interviews, giving some bizarre responses to questions and some prima-donna behavior.

This was before Indy this year. After Indy, they were discussing IRL in general and her speciifcally. The host said that she was an average driver with an above average team. He also said noone would care about her if she were not a Young, Attractive Woman.

Her parents who still live in the area called her PR people, who barraged and browbeat the station manager until he let the host go.

Old 10-16-2005, 12:57 PM
petes79f150
Posting Guru
Trucks, IMHO, is a pretty good show if you're interested in watching someone with the time/money/shop do something you'll never have the time/money/shop to do. Two Guys Garage has turned into an oil change/spark plug replacement tutorial for the do-it-yourselfer. The last time I found TGG interesting enough to watch on a regular basis was when Dave Bowman and Sam Memolo built Dave's Cobra kit car- sweeeeet! I have to admit, I do occasionally learn something from the shows. Damn, Whowey! You just burst my little fantasy bubble. What a beeeeitch! Reminds me of my ex-wife.......

Old 10-16-2005, 01:02 PM
pfogle
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Keith, Trucks is filmed in nashville TN. Stacey lives somewhere close to there as well. Most of the powerblock shows are filmed down there.

Old 10-16-2005, 01:19 PM
captchas
http://www.staceydavid.com/index.html
give this one a look. it's his own web site. as to danica i agree with how she is, it's just the bod is hot. ok?

Old 10-16-2005, 04:49 PM
85 F-350CrewCab
Senior User
i prefer that girl jesse on that 4x4 show (the name has slipped my mind)

Old 10-16-2005, 05:17 PM
captchas
i know who you mean, but if i was only 40 years younger

Old 10-16-2005, 05:56 PM
85 F-350CrewCab
Senior User
Originally Posted by captchas
i know who you mean, but if i was only 40 years younger
im only 23, so im good

Old 10-16-2005, 08:12 PM
385block
Freshman User
Cool site. I have a lot of respect for his work.