General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

You got a Nickname? We both do...

Old 02-13-2001, 03:07 AM
bigblu
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm the easy one. Friends call me Speedy (Speedracer, my CB handle also), the way I drive my truck. I park in compact spaces, and turn tighter than a car (great steering box), and I take advantage of the low end torque (like to race people off the line at a light, when the opportunity comes by). It's all my husband's fault, I admit it.. He was the one to teach me how to spin the tires in his mustang, and to speed shift. Hmm, maybe that's why he doesn't let me take the stang out with my girlfriend's??! Funny how he puts the darn rev limiter in it at a lower rpm when he lets me take it by myself.. Hehehe.. And since the latest mods in his car, I have gained respect for that car. I could easily wrap that car around a tree, with the slip of the throttle.. Woohoo!!

As for the Man.. I call my hubby Inspector Gadget. That man of mine, let me tell you, has about every gadget in his car. He's got a radar detector, radar jammer, laser detector and jammer. An accelerometer (sp?), drag tach, shift light, rpm limiter chips, scanner, CB, and the list goes on. The man never stops, always getting the next thing for his car (maintenance is exceptional), but the gadgets, are never ending..

He's a real thumb that sticks out in a crowd, the police love to follow him, get beside him and look in the car.. Hell, we were searched for 2 hours, one night, just because of the look. There were 2 squad cars, 4 police officers total, checking out the car.. One commented to the other about finding a stun gun, and the other laughed saying, get a load of this, a cattle prod (sp?)(stun baton).. Needless to say, it was a useless search, found nothing.. But hey, the younger cop was sure interested on where my hubby got his speakers, and what size tweeters, etc..

It's also typical that people that walk by us (when we're parked in a parking lot, jabbering on the CB), as us if we're into surveillance, or if we're undercover..

But of course, I won't go into what we have in the house, now... LOL.. Never have to wonder why we're always broke..

Did anyone ever give you a nickname, whether from the car/truck you drive, how you drive, or how neurotic you are bout your vehicle? Just thought this would bring out some funny stories.

You all have a fine one!!

"Blu" 78 F-150 4x4
400c, 35" mud king tires
4" lift
Husbands reign; Wives govern

Old 02-13-2001, 10:48 PM
hpguy
Elder User

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 12-Apr-01 AT 07:19 AM (EST) by webmaster (admin)[/font][p]Does Alky, Cohol, Boozehound/head, Vino, or ****** drunk count? :-) On other days they change, and I'm called Brutus, Grizz, or Tiny. The last one suits me best (seriously), I'm only 5'8" and 135lbs, 17 yrs old.

-Andrew
f250_64(No Email Addresses In Posts!), same for yahoo messenger

Nothing, and I mean nothing, stirs the soul, saying I'm a bad **** like lettin'em rip with a window shaking, fuel gulpin, carbon monoxide belchin, attention gettin, V-oh my LORD!-8!

Old 04-11-2001, 07:03 PM
darkknight
Senior User

Sarge or Skipper

Old 04-12-2001, 03:44 AM
hotrodford_88
Posting Guru

Lets see, spooky, sneaky, or the ghost. Take your pick.

The ghost comes from another comapny I used to work for. I worked security in a warehouse, and the night shift guys that worked there hated me with a passion. I could be walking around in the building, with nice shiney floors everyone elses shoes were squeaking. But mine didn't! I could go around in there and enver be noticed. Even though I'm 6' 6" and 325, I could sneakl through there and they'd never notice me.

Spooky & sneaky, came from when I had my 66 Mustang. I had a 23 channel CB under the dash (nice & powerful too), and an AM/FM/CB antenna mounted on the front fender (looked like a factory antenna.) And I could sneak up and blow by anyone that I was talking to before they even knew it.

Of course now any of those nicknames still stick, because of the lights all over my truck. I get question from truckers all the time. (Not so much now, but you should have seen it when it had solid blue lenses on the lightbar!)

And radio antennas galore!

1988 F-150, SWB, 5.0 EFI (formerly 4.9 EFI), M5OD 5 speed, 3.08 gears, Summit shorty truck headers, Custom built Flowmaster exhaust system. Force 4 LP6000 lightbar, Federal signal PA-300 100 watt siren, Icom IC-V100 50 watt mobile radio.
=======================================
1965 F-100 (just purchased 1/18/01), SWB, 390, C-6 auto. Dual exhaust, Not much else to do to it.

Can see both below.

[link:www.geocities.com/hotrodford_88/|Hotrodford_88's Webpage]

Old 04-12-2001, 06:22 AM
ford4x4offrd
Senior User

handle on the old cb is White Knight. always have a new lady with me. nicknames rang from action jackson, fat boy slim, and drunk. im big boned. lol

god i love fords

-Jacksland

Old 04-12-2001, 06:56 AM
ford4x4offrd
Senior User

the big boned part is why im called fatboy slim, i dont mean that in a perverted way. just noticed that.

-Jacksland

Old 04-12-2001, 09:28 AM
toucan
New User